Chapter 14

Valentine's POV

"Nash... I..." I stuttered.

"You don't have to say anything back, Valentine. It's fine"

"You would want to be married to me?" I asked, sitting up straight.

"Of course I do" He replied. "If there was even the slightest possibility that you'd say yes I'd get down on one knee right now"

My heart skipped a beat. I bit into my lip. What was I supposed to answer? I loved him. But after what he did to me, twice... Every date we plan would feel like a punch in the stomach.

"Can I think about it?" I finally said

"Yes. Yes of course!" He said. I could see the hope in his eyes.

I smiled softly. "So, um..." I stood up. "You want something to eat?" I opened the fridge and grabbed a cherry and popped it into my mouth.

"I'm fine, thanks. I have to get going, JackG needs me to pick him up. Unless you Uh... Want to come?"

"Uh... Sure. I have nothing else to do anyway. Let me just grab another EpiPen for my purse" I slipped past him and reached into the drawer near the entrance and grabbed another EpiPen. I cringed, I couldn't believe that giant needle was stabbed into me. I hate needles. Nash chuckled at my reaction. "Shut up, you idiot" I muttered nudging him. "It hurt, a lot"

"Better that than not breathing, right?" He chided. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind us.

"So... About your car... Sorry about that. It wasn't my... Smartest idea ever"

He laughed. "It's fine, my insurance covered it" He turned on the engine and we drove off.

We stopped in front of a Starbucks and almost immediately Jack jumped into the backseat. "Thanks for coming bro-What's she doing here?" He asked turning to Nash

"Hi to you too, Jack" I muttered.

"Long story" Nash said, rolling his eyes at his friend

"Well we got time. We need to go to the airport"

"Uh... Why? And it's a five minute drive, dude"

"I know it's five minutes away, but the flight to Australia is fifteen" Jack said, as if obvious

"Australia? Why the hell are you going to Australia?!" Nash said, pulling over and turning to look at Jack

"Didn't you get the group text? We're all going to Australia, now"

"What? Now? I don't even have a suitcase or my passport..."

"Actually, your passport is right here" I said and reached under Nash's seat. Thinking about it in retrospect I really should've told him to grab it, since it left my face in a very close position to his... I tried to play off the awkwardness as best I could, handing him the passport.
Jack raised his eyebrow and smirked at me. "Oh grow up, Jack" I muttered

"Who else is going?" Nash asked, trying to play it cool.

"The whole squad, dude you gotta come"

Nash turned to me, and I wasn't really sure what to say. I mean, I'm not his girlfriend anymore/yet. "Go, Nash. It'll be fun!"

"Come with us" Nash blurted

"What? No, Nash. It's a squad thing, and we're not dating and it'd be so awkward... And I don't even have my passport. So no. I'll catch a cab back"

"Ha! You do!" He grabbed my purse and began looking for my passport

"The one that's in there is not mine! It's my cousins. She forgot it at my house" I lied

He held up my passport in its pink, Victoria Secret branded, case and smirked. "Suuuure"

"Nash, I'm not going. End of story"

"Fine. Sorry Jack, im not going"

"Sucks for you both, you're both coming. Nash, drive" Nash drove off, smirking.

This was all way too much, then again, it really wasnt... After all... When you break up and get back together the clock doesn't restart, it unpauses... But then again we weren't actually back together... If anything happens, I'll just get a flight back. I texted Alex, who was finishing up a photo shoot in Italy, and said she'd be on the first flight to Australia in the morning, so... Yup.

I'm going to Australia.