•CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT•

"Nessa we've talked about this, I am too busy for a relationship," I said rolling my eyes for what seems to be the hundredth time since this conversation began

"Well, me and Leo were thinking," Vanessa says sheepishly.

"What, so you discuss me with Leo at the dinner table or before you sleep," I said defensively.

"Mo can you just please listen without getting defensive. I want what's best for you," she says sincerely.

"Fine", I grumbled rolling my eyes.

"So as I was saying, Leo has a friend of his who has been single for so long and we think you two would make a good couple."

"So you are setting me up on a blind date," I said bluntly

"Leo would not agree to this if he didn't trust the guy, I've met him before and he seems like an amazing guy," she replies.

"Well, everything is not always what it seems."

"Mo please," Vanessa begs.

Letting out a huff and rolling my eyes, I gave in. "Fine."

"Great, cause it's tonight," she says making my eyes widen

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"Yeahhh," she drags

"So what would have happened if I didn't agree," I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I just knew you would agree to go."

|•••|

I cannot believe I am doing this.

I did a once over before I leave for my date with this mystery guy.

I tug at the hemp of my mini black dress before grabbing my purse and quickly thanking the uber driver before closing the door and approaching the restaurant.

"Hi, I'm here to meet Mr Jones," I said to the host.

"Of course, right this way," he says leading the way to a table towards the more secluded area of the restaurant.

We approached the table to find a man with his head down, his nose in his phone.

"Mr Jones, your guest is here," the host says making our presence know. As if hiding something, he quickly puts his phone into his blazer pocket before getting up, holding his hand out to shake mine.

"Hello, you must be Monique, I'm Tre'von," he says as the host left.

'Hi Tre'von," I said giving him a smile as we shake hands.