•CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN•

Mo wakes up, immediately freaking out as she was not familiar with the room she was in before the previous day's events hit her like a rock

Mo wakes up, immediately freaking out as she was not familiar with the room she was in before the previous day's events hit her like a rock. She sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, noticing the note on the nightstand. Taking the small piece of white paper, she reads over the neat letter.

Morning bambina, hope you slept well
Go check the bathroom, you deserve it

                                                   - LUCA

She subconsciously smiles, placing it back on the stand before getting out of bed and going to the only other door in the room- the bathroom.

Inside, the tub was filled with water, bubbles with dark purple petals. She softly smiles, stripping out of her clothes and sinking into the hot water, sighing in content.

After a long bath, she gets ready, wrapping a towel around her body and goes into Luca's room and taking his shirt and lotion and getting dressed.

Making her way downstairs, she goes into the kitchen to find a middle aged woman moving effortlessly in the kitchen.

"Hi, I'm -"

"Monique, hie, I'm Mrs Smith," the middle aged woman says with a big smile.

"Nice to meet you, mmm do you know where Luca is?"

"He went for his morning jog, now please take a seat, you must be really hungry," she says to the young lady.

"I really am," she says realising she really was hungry since she hadn't eaten since yesterday's breakfast. She takes a seat as Mrs Smith continued to move around the kitchen effortlessly.

"I know this may be intruding, but how is your husband, I heard he was discharged from hospital?" She asks carefully.

"Oh it's okay honey you're not intruding at all, he had a kidney transplant, he's doing great now," she says giving her a soft smile."You must be important to Luca," she says with a smile, wiping the kitchen counter.

"No, we've just.... friends," she says unsure of what they were.

"Right. That's why he personally made sure you had a bath and the petals in your favourie colour, why he personally had the guestroom that no one has ever slept in fixed for you, but it's okay, you're just friends," she says with a smirk, placing a plate of breakfast in front of her

"Thank you," she says changing the subject before digging in.

"What time does Luca get back?"

"He'll be back any second now," she says making a second plate and taking a seat across from Mo.

"Honey, I am the mother figure in Lucas life when he is in America, and I know my son, he definitely likes you."

"Trust me he doesn't, we are just.... using each other,"