•CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT•

"Woah, what are you, a florist," Bianca jokes as she enters Mo's living room

"Girl, don't even talk about it," Mo says rolling her eyes.

It had been a week since the little fiesco with Luca, she hadn't seen both men but had talked to Tre'von over the phone. For the past week, Luca has had flowers delivered, every morning and night, texting her everyday.

"Bambina? What does that mean?" Bianca says reading one of the cards attached to the flowers.

"It's an Italian endearment, it means babygirl." Mo says dropping her stuff on the kitchen counter.

"Who are all these from?"

"Luca,"

"What happened with Luca?"

She explains the whole story to Bianca and by the end of it, both ladies where seated on her couch eating cake. "So what, you're not doing the mature thing and talking about it?'

"There's nothing to talk about, Luca caused a scene and called me a hoe, what is there to talk about," she says with a shrug.

"Don't you wanna know why he did what he did? Why he got mad that you were with another guy? Why he flipped out like he did?"

"Not really," she says licking the frosting off her fork.

"He likes you Mo!" She shouts in frustration.

"No...no he doesn't" she denies.

"That's why he caused a scene....he was jealous,l"

"Mmmmm, no"

"You also like Luca don't you?" Her friend asks with a knowing smirk.

"No,l don't," she denies.

"You do, the Mo I know would have blocked his ass and stopped accepting his flowers or had the re-delivered to him," she says with a smirk making Mo pout at her accuracy.

"Okay, maybe a little. I know he's a dick head but he is so thoughtful, and sweet and kind when he wants to be- but I can't like him," she says the last part mostly to herself.

"Why not?"

"We all know the reputation Luca has, I don't wanna get my heart broken, he's just not the relationship type, to him this is all a game"

"And Tre'von?"

"I haven't seen him in a few days, just texted"

"Do you like him?"

"Yeah, he's a sweetheart, he treats me like a princess and he's mature, the perfect boyfriend material..." Mo drags.

"There's a but, what's the but?"

"I just, I don't know, I feel like there is something missing with him you know, there's no chemistry like with Luca, she says biting her bottom lip in thought. He's more of a friend than someone I can see myself dating, I am so confused," she groans, falling back on the couch.

"It will all work itself out I promise," she says comforting her friend. "But talk to Luca."

|•••|

"What do you want?" She asks, leaning against her doorframe, arms crossed.

Luca let out a huff, running his hands through his hair "can I come in?"

She stared at him for a second, looking into his pleading eyes before she let him in.

First thing Luca noticed where the dead flowers he had delivered all over the place.

"Do you want anything?" she asked him, he shakes his head no. Once there was seated on the couch she turns to look expectantly her brow raised

"I missed you," he says making Mo roll her eyes.

"Get out," she says getting up

"No, wait," he says holding on to her wrist making her sit back down on the couch.

"Look, I'm an ass," he says making Mo scoff

"Tell me something I don't know," she mumbles rolling her eyes.

"And I'm sorry, I was drunk and I lost my temper but that is not a valid excuse. It's just that the idea of you with another guy makes my blood boil, and seeing you with that idiot ticked me off." Mo opened her mouth to say something when Luca continued.

"Mo I'm catching feelings for you, and I have been for a long time, since the first time I met you in fact, but I was ignorant and in denial, I can't ignore or deny these feelings anymore. I- I want to spoil you and take you shopping to apologise for all your panties and clothes I've ripped during our steaming hot sex. I want to be the only guy you kiss, the only guy you touch. I want to change, for you. When we are together I feel something and I thought you felt the same, and then seeing you kissing Tre'von was like a slap in the face." He confesses.

"What?" She asks, no other words coming to mind.

"Just...just give me a chance, I know it's hard to trust me, but trust me when I say I want to be in a realationship with you"

"Luca I don't want my heart broken, and right now that is all I foresee,"

"How about this, a trial period to give you the assurance you need,"

"I don't think that's a thing,"

"Well then let's make it a thing, to show you what it would be like to be in a relationship with me and if by the end of it you don't want to be in a relationship, I'll have to find another way to convince you,"

"Fine," she says convinced.

"So you and Tre'von hmm?" He asks after a moment of silence.

"Don't even start with me,"she says getting up.

A trial period hmmm? How do you think that's going to play out?