A Sick Day (Percabeth One-Shot)

ANNABETH CHASE

You know it's the worst time of the year when you hear the sound of vomiting coming from Cabin 3. Annabeth got out of her bed, wearing a fuzzy gray robe. She knocked a couple times on the door.

"Percy?" she called.

No response. Just another groan and the sound of more vomiting.

"Percy, you okay?" she asked again.

Again, there was no response. Just the wailing and more vomiting.

"That's it," she sighed, eyes fixed on the door.

"HIYA!" she yelled as she kicked the door down.

"It was..." Percy vomited. "Unlocked..." Another spurt of vomiting. "Wise Girl."

Annabeth froze, glancing back at the broken door.

"Oops..."

She knelt down next to Percy, gently brushing the hair off of his sweaty forehead.

"Ugh," he groaned, more vomit coming out of him like it was water.

"What did you eat?" Annabeth gagged, staring at the messy vomit in the white toilet bowl.

"Gah..." Percy moaned in discomfort, sprawled out on the bathroom floor. "The Stolls... It was a dare..."

He shivered, curling up in a ball. Just as Annabeth thought it was over, he leaped up, pouring vomit into the toilet bowl.

"F**k," he cursed, knuckles white from gripping the edge of the toilet.

Annabeth knew that demigods weren't immune. It was obvious. But Percy seemed a lot more immune to the rest of them, not having been sick for the whole six years he was involved in prophecies. And now, he was spilling his guts out. It didn't surprise Annabeth that when Percy got sick, it was worse than the rest of them. He always had rotten luck anyways.

"What's happening?" Piper asked, walking through the rubble that used to be the door.

Another lurch from Percy's stomach and the contents spewing into the toilet answered Piper's question.

"Ooh..." she winced.

One last spasm of vomiting was over as Percy leaned away from the toilet, reeking with vomit, straight into Annabeth's lap. She felt his forehead to find it blazing hot, her fingers feeling like they were gonna fall off from the heat alone.

"How long have you been like this, Seaweed Brain?" she asked, grabbing a washcloth and wetting it with water.

"I dunno..." he groaned, "Last night my stomach did turn a little but I thought it'd be fine. Then, I woke up at around... 2 AM and I've been puking here ever since."

"Okay..." Annabeth took a deep breath.

Percy gave another moan before he pounced onto the toilet, emptying his stomach. Piper was watching from the doorway, not sure what to do.

"Hey... why is Percy's door knocked down?" Jason, Frank, Leo, Hazel, Thalia, and Nico were standing in the doorway.

"I did it," Annabeth raised her hand.

"Why?"

Again, Percy's vomiting and groans answered their question. They all poked their heads in the doorway to see Percy moaning on the floor, holding his stomach with one arm, his head in the other.

"C'mon, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth sighed, trying to pull him up.

"No..." Percy rested his head against the bathroom floor, the tile cold against his face.