Aliana Smith (Part 2)

I walked into Ms. Chase's office and she was sitting there, looking at some pictures on her phone.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked timidly and she whipped around.

"Oh, yes, hi, Aliana."

I sat down carefully and looked into those wise gray eyes.

"You... wanted... to speak with me?"

"Yes, I do."

She seemed to be studying me.

"Do you... know anything about your family heritage?"

"No, ma'am--"

"Annabeth. Call me Annabeth."

"No, ma--Annabeth. I'm an orphan living in a foster home with seven other girls..."

"Did you get proper education?" she eyed me.

"No... I didn't go to school. I just sat outside the schools on the floor and did the math equations on the dirt with a stick," I said, "I don't have money for school."

"So you're a scholarship student?" she asked.

"Yes..." I admitted, turning red.

Her eyes softened.

"Listen. Nothing's wrong with being a scholarship student. It's absolutely fine. I was just surprised you were able to solve such complicated equations. That's very unusual for a seventeen-year-old like yourself."

I nodded and she smiled.

"Feel free to stop by my office anytime," she smiled before pulling out a handle in the side of her desk.

I stared in shock. There was a fridge built inside her desk!

"This can be our little secret. Help yourself to any of these sweets or any beverage you'd like while you're here. It's nice to have a genius in this classroom of morons," she rolled her eyes.

I couldn't help but let out a giggle and I took out a coke.

"I've never tasted one of these," I admitted and stared, "and I've never seen a blue coke before."

"Oh, my fiancé is obsessed with blue. He seriously makes blue pasta and dyes the pasta sauce blue."

I laughed and sipped it. It actually tasted really good. Annabeth suddenly grabbed her phone when it started to ring and picked up.

"Hello?...Oh, hey Lucy!...Luke did what?...He farted and pooped at the same time? That's unusual...Oh... he did it in your face?...I'm so sorry that must be terrible!...I'll be home in a bit."

She hung up and sighed.

"Well, I've gotta go now. My baby son, Luke, just farted and pooped in the maid's face."

She grabbed her handbag and smiled.

"See you tomorrow, Aliana."

I waved and walked home. When I got home, I laid down on the bed and fell asleep.

~~~

I walked back home from school and saw there was a letter for me in the mail. I frowned and picked it up and saw neat handwriting and it was closed with a fancy sticker. I opened it and almost fainted. Inside, was a million dollars. There was a note.

Have some fun in the mall, Aliana. I'll be in Lebruzon Diner with my fiancé for our date. We're planning out our wedding. ~Annabeth

I put the money away, hidden inside a school book and thought for a while. Why would Annabeth send so much money?

~~~

I walked over to the mall and decided to buy myself newer books and some small amounts of makeup. I saw some girls entering Chanel and when they saw me in there, they laughed so hard. I rolled my eyes, grabbed some Chanel sneakers and sunglasses, paid, and left. I visited some designer stores and got some new clothes for me to wear. I also bought some fragrances and more books. I had tons and tons of things and still more money that I was planning to hide and keep safe inside a box with a lock. I had to make sure my foster siblings wouldn't steal any of my items. I bought a closet with a lock and lugged it back home. It was nearing midnight when I finally was able to drag it and I entered. I hadn't eaten dinner yet so I just took out a leftover, squashed cupcake from Annabeth's fridge. I tried to be as silent as I could while unpacking all my things and moving the closet and unloading all my things on it. I had stayed up the whole night fixing my room and reading some new books.

When morning came, I opened my closet, using the mirror and doing some makeup. I hadn't seen makeup before but I somehow knew how to do it exactly correct. I paired a really cute outfit even if I didn't know shit about fashion and put on cute heels with a new Prada bag. I locked everything and walked out of the foster house with my school books. Let's say this. All the girls were shocked as they saw me come back in. Melissa rolled her eyes and told a bunch of girls that I was wearing rip off fakes of the brands from somewhere else. Annabeth smiled when she saw me in the morning.

"Let's start class, shall we?"

She winked at me and turned to the board.