100 Years of Waiting

For our 100th part, let's celebrate with some emotional writing ;)

___

A monster attack. Several powerful ones came rushing through the woods towards camp, and nine demigods came running to intercept the attack. Thalia fired another arrow, it landing straight into a monster's forehead. Percy decapitated one with Riptide, doing an Ariel in the air as he dodged another slice at his legs.

"I've got this one, Annabeth!" Piper yelled, kicking an empousa straight in the face. "Go!"

Annabeth dashed forward, swinging her dagger with a mighty strength and skewering a hellhound in its chest. A few monsters slipped by them.

"Annabeth, you're the fastest runner!" Nico shouted. "Annabeth! Thalia! Hazel! You guys need to stop them from getting to camp!"

The three girls ran off, weapons drawn, eyes hungry for bloodshed. Percy dealt another killing blow, drowning another monster in water before its remains flaked away in gold victory. Still, more poured in.

"Shit!" Jason yelled as one slashed across his side. "I need backup! Piper?!"

"I've got you, Sparky!" Percy called, stabbing the monster attacking his friend in the back. "JASON, WATCH OUT!"

Jason ducked just in time for the cyclops club to swing right over his head and back into itself. The cyclops disappeared in dust and the demigods were relieved to see the rush of monsters dying down. Soon, they were down to a couple monsters, one versus one. Unluckily for Nico, he got the biggest one, which was the most ferocious.

Nico threw his Stygian sword like a javelin, catching the monster in the arm. It howled in pain.

"Your guns!" Jason yowled as he battled furiously with his hellhound.

The son of Hades's hands fumbled around in his pockets, pulling out the pistols Hades had gifted him for his birthday. Everything went in slow motion as the bullet fired. It was inches away from the monster before it dived to the side. And if fate had planned sadness to come, Percy had just finished off his monster, spinning around to face his death.

"NO!" Nico screamed before the bullet ripped through his friend's shirt and into his chest.

Just like that, the hero of Olympus folded and crumpled to the floor, his arms clutching his chest in agony. Unaware that Piper had finished off the collapsed monster on the floor with her dagger, Nico's feet were almost stuck to the floor as Jason sprinted over to Percy's side, a look of pure horror on his face as the blood leaked in between his cousin's fingers.

Nico tried to go towards Percy, but Frank placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"We've gotta get him to camp, Nico."

Jason scooped his cousin up into his arms and Piper ran off to see how progress was in front, or if it was safe to move forward. Percy's eyes were half-closed and dull with pain. A tear rolled down his cheek and he smiled sadly at his cousin.

"J-Jaso--"

"Sh... don't talk," Jason whispered. "You're gonna be fine, Jackson."

"It..." Percy choked on the blood trickling out of his mouth. "It got me in the middle of my chest, Sparky..."

"And you're gonna be fine!" Jason shouted, tears escaping his electric blue eyes.

"That's near my heart, dude..." Percy shook his head. "I'm a dead man."

"No, you're not!" Jason screamed in protest.

"The coast's clear!" Piper yelled.

With that, Jason sprinted with the boy in his arms, feeling the wind blow blood into his face. He didn't care. He had to get Percy to the infirmary. Annabeth, Thalia, and Hazel glanced up, horrified by the blood trail Jason was leaving. They didn't even realize it was Percy until the rest of the demigods rushed by and Percy wasn't running with them.