12: Mist Fails Part 2

Annabeth's POV:

It had been a week and Percy seemed to be getting tired. He has been holding mist and helping Hecate for quite a while. We were sitting in Pre-Calculus. Percy had become smarter since he became a god. We were writing down notes when Percy cried out in pain, gritting his teeth. He was on his side, holding his head.

"Percy! Percy, what's wrong?"

"Mr. Jackson, what's wrong?"

"E...very...one to the g...gym!" he gasped, holding his head.

"Why--"

"Just do it! Please! It's for your own safety! Get everyone to the gym!" he strained.

The teacher reluctantly led the class away. I stayed by his side, holding his hand.

"Perce, it's going to be okay."

"Ann...a...beth! Hecate... Hecate's in a co...ma..." he stuttered.

I nodded and the demigods chosen came in the room.

"What is going on?"

"Guys, help me get him to the gym. We need to let the mortals know now," I said, trying to get Percy to his feet.

In the end, we were just dragging him while he gritted his teeth and gave little whimpers of pain. The teachers were looking in shock. I set him down on the floor, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Seaweed Brain! What do we do?"

I handed him the mic.

"It's... It's time... It's time we let them know..." he gasped.

"Know what?" a mortal asked.

"The mor...tals are...not safe here..."

"Safe? Safe from what?"

Percy's body was losing the battle.

"Get the rest of the campers and g..go..gods!" he stuttered before he fell asleep.

I nodded and yelled to the sky, "COME DOWN! GET THE CAMPERS, HERMES!"

The mortals looked confused. I saw the mist flicker and fade. Percy woke up, his eyes glimmering with the golden, silver, and black flecks, adorned with different colors.

"His eyes..." a mortal sighed dreamily.

Zeus flashed in with all the other gods.

"GET HIM TO HIS THRONE!" Zeus shouted.

The thrones appeared. I sat in a chair next to Percy's throne.

"Why does he need a throne?"

I stepped up to the podium.

"Believe it or not, the Greek gods are real! There's no time! Hecate is in a coma and Percy was putting up the mist. He couldn't take all the pressure because he's not the mist goddess. Percy is the newly crowned king of the gods!" I announced.

They all gasped.

"Who are you?"

"An immortal wife of Percy. In order for me to be immortal, we had to marry. Oops, too young. Well, whatever because OUR LIVES ARE AT STAKE! I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena."

"I'm Jason and this is my sister, Thalia. We are the children of Zeus."

"I'm Connor and this is Travis and Chris. We are sons of Hermes."

"I am Piper Mclean, a daughter of Aphrodite."

"I am Frank and this is Clarisse. We are children of Ares."