Kyla Jackson/Estelle Blofis

Estelle's POV:

I watched as Kyla ranted on and on to her friends... well she treats them like her minions. She went on and on about how Percy Jackson was her famous big brother and she gets to hang out at his private mansion all the time. Percy Jackson is my older brother and he's a superstar. I asked Mommy and Daddy if I could tell everyone that he was my brother because Kyla was trying to use it to be popular.

"You shouldn't abuse the fact that you've got a celebrity for a brother," Mommy had said gently.

"Lying doesn't get anyone anywhere," Daddy had agreed.

I have no friends. I only sit alone at lunchtime occasionally joined by my classmate, Flora, because she was also a loner, but she was a nerd. We never talked at lunch because she was busy reading some book about Romeo and Juliet. I picked at the blue pasta Mommy had packed for me with a special blue cookie. Kyla marched up and pulled the cookie out of my hand and took my pasta.

"Thanks for the free snack, dummy. You totally stole the lunch my brother packed for me! How dare you?!" she screamed, walking away and taking a bite out of my mom's cookie.

I walked home that day with an empty stomach. When I got in, Mommy was super happy.

"Sweetie, Paul and I are going to Vermont to visit your Uncle Blofis when his wife is giving birth. We're really sorry to miss your birthday, but you'll be celebrating your birthday sleepover party at Percy's house, okay? He'll pick you up tomorrow after school and on Saturday you'll have your party."

"Can I invite everyone but Kyla?" I asked her hopefully.

"No, excluding people at your age isn't very appropriate and it's important to learn to be kind to everyone," she said gently.

"Fine," I grumbled.

~~~Time skip~~~

I was sitting down in the classroom, waiting for Percy to come pick me up. Kyla's dad arrived and picked her up with a kiss on the cheek. She was the first to leave. Mrs. Harrison led us outside and under a tree to wait. Suddenly, I saw it. It was Percy's white limo with the words 'Jackson' written in gold on it. Kyla and her dad stared. He got out and flicked off his shades.

"Hey, are you Mrs. Harrison?" Percy asked my teacher.

"I am... are you for Kyla? Her dad just picked her up."

"Um... I'm here for Estelle... Estelle Blofis," Percy said.

"Why? You don't know her!"

"I can get Mom on the phone," Percy said, getting Mommy on the phone.

"Hello, Mrs. Blofis... is Percy Jackson supposed to pick up Estelle today?"

"Yes, Mrs. Harrison. I assure you," Mommy said through the phone.

Mrs. Harrison looked in surprise and let me go. Before he got in the limo, he turned back.

"Also, I think Estelle's holding her party at my house tomorrow... and everyone's invited so I guess... see you if you're coming," he said, waving and helping me in the limo.

It sped away and we got to his mansion. It was HUGE.

When I got there, Annabeth was there to hug me

"OMG there you are!" she said, lifting me in the air.

Percy emerged from a room with a huge gift.

"We decided to get you a present for your birthday... your mom said it was okay," she added.

I opened the wrapping paper curiously before gasping in shock. Inside was a MacBook Pro, an iPhone, and iPad, an Apple Watch, and a cute gown fitted for me.

"Mom said that I was spoiling you but I said it was for all the years I didn't give you a present," Percy said.

"Go on and hop in the pool, 'Stelle. Wise Girl and I are going to have some adult time with Pinecone Face, Sparky, Repair Boy, Beauty Queen, Witch Girl, Panda Babyface, the Stolls, Katie, Death Boy, Sunny, Callie, RED, G-Man, Wart(I made this nickname for Clarisse because of the 'war' in wart... get it?), and Chris."

I nodded and hopped in the pool. All of my brother's friends came out and they began to drink weird liquids that I don't know about. Percy was just drinking a blue one.

~~~Time Skip~~~

When people heard that Percy was hosting the party, everyone came. I adjusted the tiara on my head and my cute little princess gown which cost a lot of money.

 I adjusted the tiara on my head and my cute little princess gown which cost a lot of money

Everyone stared at me and I walked over to Percy.

"Big brother!" Kyla yelled and ran over to him, leaping into his arms.

He didn't catch her, he only looked disgusted.

"Who even are you?" he asked her.

"Your little sister, silly! I'm Kyla!"

"My little sister is Estelle..." he said looking annoyed.

"What? Her last name is Blofis. I'm Jackson like you!"

"Yeah... she's Estelle Jackson-Blofis. Paul's my stepdad," Percy said.

"Why do you use Jackson?"

"Because I simply treat Paul as a friend and I prefer Jackson," Percy said.

"Get away from this bitch!" Kyla yelled.

Annabeth ran forward but Percy held her back.

"Easy, Wise Girl. Also, Kyla Jackson, I think the words you use are not appropriate for this party. I will have security escort you out the door and call your parents. Have a wonderful day!"

Kyla was dragged out of the party and all her friends became my friends.

"What a spoiled kid!" I heard Percy talking at the bar where the other parents were drinking weird drinks.

He was simply drinking a coke.

"I know, right? She's so mean to Estelle!" Annabeth said.

We partied all night and when I went back to school, everyone had become my friend. Kyla was now the one who sat next to Flora. I was never mean to her, though. I guess Daddy was right. Lying never gets you anywhere.