she carries you to bed

Madison let out a yawn and began to stretch her arms out of her head as the credits of the movie began to play.

Her eyes were heavy and understandably so since she barely slept the night before and she spent most of the day stuck in the studio, and the time was after midnight.

But the only thing that was reminding her of the day she had was the sleepiness she felt.

She'd forgotten about it otherwise since she came home to you earlier this evening and you curled up together on the sofa with good movies and takeout.

When this last movie first started, you both agreed that you'd call it a night after.

But it was only halfway through when you ended up falling asleep with your head on her chest.

She thought the sight was adorable, but now she wishes she would've just stopped the film and went up to bed with you then.

Because she's so tired getting up to bed wasn't going to be an easy task.

She stared at you, sound asleep on her chest still. Even though she struggled to keep her eyes open, she still cracked a big and bright smile.

You always manage to make her smile this way, no matter her mood.

She didn't want to disturb your cozy slumber. But she knew you needed to get up to bed; both of you. Tomorrow is a busy day for you both. You need some sleep in the comfort of your shared bed.

"Hey, sleepyhead." She whispered softly as she rubbed your back and tried to get you to wake up. "Baby? Wake up. The movie is done, it's time to get to bed."

"No." You mumbled sleepily and curled up closer to her.

"What do you mean no, silly?" She chuckled. "C'mon, let's get up to bed."

"Just carry me."

She laughed a little, thinking you were just messing around and you'd open your eyes and go up to bed in a moment.

But you just held your arms out, as if you were waiting to wrap them around her neck as she'd go to pick you up.

And she realized then that you were serious.

"You're that sleepy, baby?"

"Yeah."

She shook her head with a giggle and then playfully rolled her eyes.

"Fine. But just because you're too cute when you're this sleepy and I can't say no."

She got up and then picked you up in her arms. She made sure she had a good, steady grip on you before she began to walk to the stairs.

"Thank you." You hummed as you buried your face in her neck.

"You're welcome, cutie." She said softly as she continued to rub your back and take the stairs slowly and carefully.

Soon, she reached the top and started to make her way down the hall to your shared room. She thought you were already sound asleep again but then you started to give her little butterfly kisses and she giggled.

"So, you're awake, huh?"

"Barely." You yawned as she turned the light on and made her way to the bed, where she put you down on the mattress ever so gently.

She reached for the blanket and pulled it all the way up to your shoulders.

"There we go. Nice and cozy now."

"Thank you." You hummed as you opened your tired eyes to catch a glimpse of her.

She looked as sleepy as you felt. So it warmed your heart, even more, to know that she still carried you up the stairs despite her own tiredness.

"I love you so much." You whispered as she turned off the light and then laid down beside you. "Thanks for carrying me to bed. You're the most amazing girlfriend."

"I know I am." She grinned and kissed your lips lovingly. "But you're welcome. I love you lots; to the moon and back."

You closed your eyes as she kissed your forehead, drifting off to sleep as she let her lips linger on your soft skin.

"I know you're tired but could you sing to me?"

"Absolutely, baby girl." She whispered and kissed your head before putting her head on her pillow.

She quietly sang your favorite song and stroked your cheek as you drifted off to sleep.

She watched you closely once she knew you were sound asleep. She listened to you breathe and watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks on occasion.

And even more heartwarmingly, you smiled in your sleep when she kissed your cheek.

"Goodnight, my sweet girl. I love you very much." She whispered and pulled you closer before falling asleep with a smile on her face.