we're gonna make it now (requested)

You sat across from Madison in the small and quiet restaurant. Since you're still keeping your relationship under wraps this seemed like the perfect place to have a nice lunch together after a busy week.

There were just a few people sitting inside but most of them were too caught up in their own lunch or dates to really even recognize Madison.

Most of them.

A few had, however. And it didn't take long for people to whip out their phones and sneak photos of you two and spread them across social media.

You reached out across the table and took Madison's hand, both of you grinning widely when she brought it up to her lips and planted kisses across your knuckles and fingertips. You pushed your empty plate away and got up from your side of the booth and went to her side instead.

"I've really missed you," you said to her when you sat next to her. Madison didn't give you a verbal answer, she instead cupped your chin and pulled you in for a quick kiss. It was perfect, so perfect you both quickly became lost in each other.

The only thing that made you pull away was the sound of camera flashes coming from outside the window.

Madison swore under her breath when you both looked toward the windows and saw paparazzi standing outside. It was obviously too late. They'd already captured your intimate moment.

Your eyes went wide in shock. People started to stare at you two, at the bright camera flashes coming from outside.

Your phone chimed. The photos were spreading like wildfire and you felt so guilty, because now everyone was gonna find out about your relationship, and you knew Madison wasn't ready.

Madison quickly paid the bill before you both slipped out the backdoor of the restaurant and into the car. It was silent for a moment until you broke it.

"I'm so sorry."

Madison turned to you and furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Why are you sorry, y/n?"

You sighed and stared at your fingers awkwardly. "It was my idea to come out for lunch today. I didn't picture us literally having to come out after we ate."

You heard her sigh softly before you saw her fingers take ahold of yours. When you turned your head to look at her, the look in her eyes made your heart skip a beat.

"Maybe it's for the best. I mean, we have been sneaking around for quite a while now."

"Yeah, but this should be on your terms. I should've been more cautious when it came to holding your hand and I shouldn't have moved to your side of the booth-"

"Y/n, listen to yourself. You were trying to do normal things that couples do. You were just being affectionate. There's nothing wrong with that. Yes, I hate paparazzi and I hate that our relationship was outed but... I can't say that I hate that we won't have to sneak around any longer. Because we've been dating for five months and I'm falling in love with you."

Your breath hitched in your throat when you heard her say that.

"You are?"

She nodded, smiling when you let out a breath of relief. "Things are gonna be hectic over the next few days but I promise that no matter what people say, no matter what happens, that I'm gonna keep you safe."

She stroked your hand softly. "I'm not mad at you and it's not your fault. We'll get through this."

You nodded and put your head on her shoulder. Thinking back to her words made you grin from ear to ear. You leaned in for a kiss but before you pressed your lips to hers, you paused to whisper something against her lips.

"Just for the record, I'm falling in love with you, too." You watched her close her beautiful eyes before you did the same when your lips touched.

Maybe she was right. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

Because you really are falling in love with her and you're not ashamed to show that to the world, now that you can.