she's sick

You rubbed Madison's back as she let out another groan over the pain in her stomach.

She's got a case of the stomach flu. It hit her late last night and kept both of you up till early morning. You barely got any sleep before Madison was rolling around on the bed, groaning in pain as sweat beaded down her skin.

"I hate this." She whined and tried to ignore the sick feeling in her stomach. She's been sick more times than she can count and her throat is burning from the intense and uncomfortable feeling.

"I know." You bit down on your lip as she took your hand, squeezing it as she rolled onto her stomach, hoping the position would help the ache. "Do you need some water? Or some medicine?"

You watched as she shook her head. You didn't know how to help her so you sat there in silence, just brushing your hand across her back. Her shirt was damp under your touch from the sweat pouring from her skin. Her fever was still hanging around, despite the attempts you've made to bring it down.

You were running out of ideas on how you could help her until one really good one entered your mind. "Where are you goin'?" Madison whimpered as you tried to climb out of bed. "I"m gonna be right back, baby. I promise."

You quickly went downstairs. Your period had come and gone last week and on the last day, you spent it curled up with Madison on the couch with the heating pad over your stomach. You didn't know if it would take her pain away, but you were desperate to find something at this point and you were willing to try almost anything.

You grabbed it and went back upstairs. You plugged it in before climbing back into bed with her. "Madison? I need you to roll over onto your back, honey." You said and even though she whined at the thought alone, she still turned over.

She rubbed her stomach that seemed to ache worse in this position. You pushed her hand away and replaced it with the heating pad. She let out a small sigh as soon as she felt the rush of heat on her skin.

"That should help, baby." You said as you started to comb your fingers through her hair. "I hope so. I feel so miserable." She sniffled. "I know. It's okay. You're gonna feel a lot better soon." You mumbled, hoping you were right and this would make her feel a little better.

And, thankfully, it did.

There weren't any more groans spilling from her lips. Only small breathed and relieved sighs. The heating pad had worked it's magic once again.

Madison had her eyes closed. Her eyelashes fluttered against her cheeks and between you playing with her hair and the heat on her skin that eased the ache, she felt comfortable enough to finally get some rest that she needed after such a long and terrible night.

"Go to sleep." You whispered and kissed her forehead. "You will too. Right?" You nodded, brushing your nose against her skin. She hummed a little and soon fell asleep.

You stayed awake for a few more minutes just to make sure she wouldn't wake back up. But when she only continued to sleep peacefully you let your head fall back against the pillow and soon closed your eyes, too.

Since you didn't get much sleep, you also quickly fell asleep. But you would only sleep lightly, ready to wake right back up if she needed anything.