stargazing

Madison turned the tv off as the movie ended. She looked at you, both of you torn on what to do now that the movie finished. Madison looked outside to find it was dark and an idea came to her mind.

"I have an idea. Come with me, baby." She grabbed your hand and opened the sliding door. You closed it behind you as Madison continued walking off the patio and onto the grass.

It was dark but since it was summer the air was comfortable and warm. Madison turned to look at you and with a smile on her face she waved you over. "Come on babe!" You laughed and ran to where she was.

"So, what exactly are we gonna do?" You wondered and Madison pointed at the sky. When you looked up at the sky you were absolutely mesmerized by all the stars above you. "We're gonna stargaze, lovely." She said simply and laid on the grass.

You took a seat on the grass and fell back, your head landing on Madison's arm that was extended out to hold you a little. You shared a kiss then looked up at the sky. "Whoa..." You were breathless. It was so stunning that you couldn't even put it into words if you tried. It was breathtaking.

"Isn't it gorgeous?'' She asked, apparently just as awestruck as you because when you looked over at her you could see the look in her eyes - the one she only holds for things she's absolutely fascinated by, one of those things being you.

"Not to be cliche or anything, but for what it's worth, I think you're even more beautiful." You whispered and wondered if it was even possible that she heard you considering how soft your words were and how amazed she seemed to be. But you saw her smile grow bigger and she turned her head, giving you a giggle that made your heart beat a little faster. "I could definitely say the same about you."

You turned your head as your cheeks turned red.

You both went quiet, allowing for the breeze and crickets chirping to be the only sounds you could really hear. But then you felt Madison's hand land on yours before she intertwined your fingers. "I love you. I love that we can share moments like these together."

You looked over at her to find that she was already staring at you. You pressed your lips to hers and sighed contently against them. "Me too. There's no one I'd rather share these moments with than you. I love you so much."

And with that being said, you both looked back at the sky.

You didn't know what time it was and honestly you didn't really care. You were too fascinated by the stars and by your girlfriend to care.