you flinch during a fight (requested)

"Oh, look who's home." You said as you looked at the time on your phone. "It's only after ten minutes after midnight."

"Whatever you're doing right now Y/N, please don't. I'm not in the mood to argue with you tonight."

"Oh, but I am?" You asked with a scoff. "I think we need to talk about what happened today. Or should I say what didn't happen?"

"What'd I do?" She asked as she set her things down and folded her arms over her chest, staring at you in annoyance.

"You missed our date, Madison."

"We had a date today?"

"Yes, a dinner date. At the restaurant we both love. But you didn't show up."

"Oh." She said as she stared at the floor.

"You didn't text me or call me that you wouldn't be showing. You just... didn't show."

"I'm sorry, okay? I have a lot going on and I couldn't get out of it. I forgot about our date. I'm sorry. Is that what you want to hear?"

"Yes, but I want you to care." You said. "I waited so long for you only for you to blow me off."

"I didn't blow you off."

"Right. You forgot, which isn't any better."

She rubbed her temples stressfully and let out a heavy sigh.

"I'll make it up to you."

"Will you? Because this date was supposed to be you making it up to me. Remember? Because you missed our last date."

"Alright, I'm a terrible girlfriend! Happy?"

"No. Because you're not a terrible girlfriend, Madison. I just wish you'd start putting me first sometimes. I miss you."

"I miss you too but sometimes, work comes first!"

"I get that but it'd be nice if I could come first here and there."

"What do you want me to do, Y/N? Take a week off to devote it to you and let my fans down because I have to push off the album?"

"No. I just want an hour or two with you."

"Well, you have me now."

"Yeah, and we're spending it arguing! And on top of that, we're both so exhausted we just want to go to sleep. That's not spending time together."

"I'm trying so hard!"

"I know you are." You said as you stepped closer. "I don't ever doubt that you are."

"You know what? I just want to go to bed. I don't want to deal with this right now."

"Madison, stop, we need to talk about this!" You said as you spun her around as she went to walk away.

And as she did so, she raised her hand, and you immediately thought the worst.

You covered your face and backed away a little as a whimper left your lips.

Madison froze as she realized that you thought she was going to hit you.

"Oh, my god." She whispered. "Baby, you thought I was going to hit you?" She asked in shock.

You nodded as you slowly lowered your hands.

"No, baby, I would never do that. I would never hurt you."

She came over to you and slowly and carefully pulled you into her arms as you trembled slightly.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise."

"I'm sorry."

She pulled away and gazed at you in confusion.

"Don't be sorry. It's okay. But you know that I'd never put my hands on you, right? No matter what, I would never hit you."

"I know."

"I love you so much." She said as she stroked your cheek. "I'm sorry I forgot about our date. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise."

"Okay."

"I'm just so sorry." She said as she held you tight again.

"I love you."

"I love you more." She said as she rubbed your back. "I'll never hurt you, never ever."

You closed your eyes and breathed out a contented sigh as she held you.

"Can we go up to bed and cuddle until we fall asleep?"

"Of course, my love." She said as she pulled away, smiling at you.

You headed upstairs, wanting to put everything behind you and start fresh in the morning.