you want her attention

Madison was busy on her phone. Just like she has been for the past twenty minutes.

She was mindlessly scrolling through her Instagram feed. She hasn't said a single word. the only sound she's made is a giggle here and there when she'd find something funny.

You usually didn't mind her being on her phone. You have a bad habit of being on yours for a long period of time sometimes yourself.

But what's so frustrating is that today is her day off and you wanted to be as present with her as possible, which is why you left your phone upstairs.

"Madison? Are you almost done? Can we please watch that movie together now?"

She didn't answer. You just watched her thumb move up and down on her phone screen. You groaned and threw your head on her shoulder. She laughed and lowered her phone for a second as she stared over at you.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes! You've been on your phone for almost thirty straight minutes! I wanna spend time with my girl on her day off. Please put your phone down." You pouted and she nodded. But your relief was short-lived.

"Okay. Give me like five more minutes so I can watch this video."

You were getting so annoyed that you just pulled her phone from her hand.

"What the hell, y/n?"

You crawled onto her lap and laid your forehead on her shoulder. Madison found it nearly impossible to stay mad at you when you were hanging on so tightly to her. "I'm sorry. I've just missed you and all I want is to be with you. I just want some attention."

she sighed softly and kissed your forehead. "I know. I'm so sorry. But you've got my attention now, alright?"

"That's all I want." You said and kissed her softly before putting your forehead back down.

She turned the movie on and you stayed there in her arms; just cuddling up to her and soaking up the time you had together that you felt you could never get enough of.