scary movies

"What movie should we watch tonight?" You asked Madison as you scrolled through the movies on Netflix. It was her turn to pick and usually she goes for something funny, but she was feeling differently tonight.

"How about something scary?"

You were about to argue with her and she understood why. You hate scary movies and refuse to watch them. But Madison had a way to convince you, or at least she hoped.

"Y/n, it's only a movie. No matter what we choose it's not gonna be real. And besides, I'll be right here with you. Nothing can ever hurt you when I'm around."

You started to think about it. The pout on her lips and the look in her eyes sure were hard to say no to. "Please, baby?"

A small smile tugged at your lips. "If I get too scared will you hold me?"

"Absolutely. But, for the record, you know I'll hold you whenever you want to be held. You never need a reason."

And with that, you were passing her the remote. She searched through the options for a moment before deciding on one. The title flashed across the screen and you swallowed the lump forming in your throat. It was called Hush and, at first, you wondered just how terrifying it could really be.

But only forty minutes through and you were terrified. Madison seemed to be having a blast though and that was the only reason why you didn't ask her to change it. You just kept your face buried in Madison's shirt instead.

The movie suddenly went silent and you looked up at Madison hesitantly. "I-Is it over?" She looked back at the tv then nodded at you. "I think so."

You let out a deep breath and looked back at the tv only for the man to appear once again. You screamed loudly and pulled your knees to your chest. "No fair! You lied to me! You know how scared I get."

Madison was laughing before but soon stopped when she saw the fear in your eyes. "Come here." She said and held her arms open for you. You happily crawled into them. "I've got you. It's alright." She soothed. Neither of you minded if you stayed that way for the rest of the movie.

But you soon found the concept really interesting and even though you were still scared, you actually started to enjoy the movie. You found yourself unable to look away at certain scenes and you began to wonder why you never gave this particular film a chance before.

But your enjoyment came a little too late.

The credits started to roll and you looked over at Madison in disbelief. "Wait... it's over already?"

"Yeah. What, you actually enjoyed it?"

"Kinda. Can we watch it again?"

Madison chuckled but agreed. "Of course we can, baby girl. I guess that means that you won't need me to hold you this time around though?"

You shook your head with a giggle then pressed a kiss to her lips. You lifted her arm up and laid against her, letting it fall back down to your shoulder. "I never said that, baby. I might start to enjoy the movie but I always love for you to hold me."

You could hear the beginning start to play but you were too caught up in Madison's lips for the first minute or two.

"Good, because I love holding you, my girl." She grinned and let her head fall on top of yours, happy that she found another movie you could enjoy together after all.