she falls asleep on your lap (requested)

"Hey!" You smiled, watching as Madison walked through the door and kicked off her shoes. "How'd everything go today? Did you have a good day?" You asked curiously and though Madison appreciated the genuine interest you had in hearing about her day, she didn't want to talk about it.

Wordlessly, she plopped down onto the cushion beside you and dropped her cheek to your shoulder. Sadness swam in her tired eyes, a sigh falling from her lips.

"Not that great?"

She nodded wordlessly and you watched her eyes light up momentarily when you patted your lap.

"Lay your head down here." You whispered and she didn't hesitate to do just that. Her head fell onto your lap and you instantly tangled your fingers in her hair and she let her tired eyes close and her tense shoulders slump as she began to relax and her worries began to fade.

"I'm sorry you didn't have a great day. You know I'm right here if you'd like to talk about it."

"That's okay." She said, opening her eyes to stare up at you. "I appreciate you always being here for me. I love you so much. But I'd rather just be with you and forget about my day. Because I'm home now and it's all behind me."

You nodded, a small smile tugging at your lips. "That's true. But if you change your mind, I'm here. In the meantime, how about we watch a movie? I know just the thing to turn on." You flipped through the channels until you stumbled upon the one that plays her favorite show at this time each day. Her eyes lit up at the sight, a smile tugging at her lips now.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you, baby." You said, kissing her temple lovingly. Her eyes closed and, for the first time all day, it felt like she could breathe again. Your fingers were brushing through her hair, your lips occasionally brushed against her forehead or her temple and she'd smile every time.

"You okay?"

"Perfect." She mumbled, eyes still closed. "Thanks for being here for me. You're my remedy for all my bad days and sour moods. You make it all better."

Her words were heartwarming, making you feel better to know she was feeling better because of you.

"I love you," she paused, letting a soft sigh fall from her lips as sleep started to overtake her. "To the moon and back, always."

"Love you too." You replied within only a heartbeat, watching as she started to drift off to sleep on your lap. "Sweet dreams, my sweet girl. Feel better soon."

"I already do, all thanks to you, baby girl."