she's scared of losing you

Her eyes went wide as the words you spoke sank in. "Y-You what?"

"I got a new job! Isn't that great?"

She swallowed thickly, her anxiety starting to bubble. "No."

You frowned and then nervously chuckled. "What? Why not? This is my chance to be more independent and I can bring in some of my own money so we can do more fun stuff together-"

"I don't care about that stuff, y/n! You know I'm happy to pay for you when you need things!"

You let out a frustrated groan. "That's the thing, Madison! You always pay for my stuff even when I don't need it. You convinced me to move in with you but I don't feel right about not chipping in for things like groceries and my own bills."

She sighed and buried her face behind her hands. You didn't understand why she wasn't more encouraging of you. "I really thought that you'd be happy for me. I thought you'd be supportive of me landing this job." You whispered sadly.

"I am."

"Well, it doesn't seem like it! You seem like you're mad at me."

She pulled her hands away and you could see the tears in her eyes. "Madison? Why are you crying?" She sniffled as you took her hands into yours and squeezed them comfortingly. "I'm just scared, y/n. I'm happy for you. I know you need that independence and you know I support you. I just don't wanna lose you."

A tear fell from her eye and you were quick to wipe it away fro her. "I'm scared that you'll start this job and meet someone else, someone who has a normal life and can do normal things without being followed by paparazzi and hounded by interviewers. A life where there aren't rumors about you every day, circulating online and on front pages of cheap magazines. I'm scared that you'll like that sense of normalcy, and you'll strive for it and,"

"Leave you?" You finished for her and when she only hung her head with a sad sigh you knew that your question had been answered. "Hey. Baby, look at me. I'm not going anywhere. I love you so much, I really do. You're the most important person in the world to me and I'm not leaving you. I don't want a ''normal'' life. Not when that means I won't have you. I'm not taking this job to get away from you or to find something better. I just wanna do something for myself."

She cracked a smile as your thumbs brushed across her cheeks. "If that's what you want, I support you all the way. I just love you and I'm scared that one day, you'll get tired of all of this and realize there's someone better out there."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes at her. "Better than you? Better than my girl? Impossible." She giggled and kissed your palm softly. "Of course there are times I get frustrated, baby. Yeah, I hate the annoying paparazzi and the rumors that spread like wildfire sometimes. But never do I get so frustrated that I think about leaving you. I'm so in love with you and no one or nothing could ever change that."

She nodded and laid her forehead against yours. "You're absolutely amazing, y/n." She pressed a loving kiss to your lips. "You're gonna crush it at your new job. Tell me all about it. I'll happily listen."