𝟷: 𝚆𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝚆𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄?

where were you?

"Newsies! Please can we watch newsies?" I give my biggest puppy dog eyes at Charlie. He rolls his eyes in return, "Kendall you know I hate musicals! How about we watch Terminator!"

"Terminator... really? If you turn on that movie I will never be back!"

"Good! Then maybe I could have some peace around here!" Childishly, we both stick our tongues out at each other.

"Ah! Feel the love!" Adam sighs dreamily from his spot on the couch. Remembering that he was there I take a spot beside him and snuggle into his side, "Which movie would you rather watch Banksie? Newsies or Terminator?"

I give him a look as I place a hand on his chest, "uh... newsies! Definitely newsies!"

"Ha!" I shout as I grab the newsies tape.

"Unfair!" Charlie whines. "What do I have to do for you to be on my side! Kiss ya?"

I laugh at Charlie's anger. "Dude, she owns you," Charlie fires back.

"Whatever!" Adam rolled his eyes as Charlie stormed his way to the kitchen for snacks. I smirked as I pressed play and took my spot next to Adam.

Adam slung his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him, "I'm all yours," he whispered in my ear that sent chills down my spine. I lean in for a kiss but before our lips could meet, I get scooched out of the way.

Charlie sat between us, his arms around both my and Adam's shoulders. "Popcorn anyone?" He smiled brightly.

I and Adam let out a groan as we stayed in that position the entire movie.

♡♥︎♡

"I know I'm late for my shift Jan! I got caught up at-"

"And what could be more important than my shop?" My mouth hung wide open and turned into a huge grin.

"Hans!" I sprinted over and wrapped my arms around him, giving him a big hug. "I take it you missed me?" He said as I pulled away from him.

"There is so much I have to tell you, Hans!"

"Well then I guess we better close the shop early today," he said as he flipped the open sign to close.

"Alright Kendall, start from the beginning."

And that is where I sat for the next 2 hours, filling him in on everything he had missed.

♡♥︎♡

"Kenster! Charlienator!" Ricky shouted, interrupting our after-dinner tv watching. We turned our heads facing him. He smiled, "you've got mail!"

He handed us each a big envelope. Me and Charlie eyed each other suspiciously before ripping open the envelopes. Ricky and Mom stood there smiling while Ben sat on the recliner, just as clueless as us.

"Eden Hall Academy?" I muttered, recognizing the name of the very prestigious high school not far from our apartment.

"A scholarship?" Charlie shouted. My mom giggled excitedly, "isn't great!"

You have been invited to attend one of the most prestigious schools in the State of Minnesota. We hope you will accept this full scholarship to come join a new dawn of education and be a part of our junior varsity hockey team, who will be able to lead us to many victories. Have a great summer... GO WARRIORS!

I scrunch up my nose in disgust.... warriors. I quickly turned my disgust into excitement. "This is so exciting," I shout to please my mom, who was just too happy to disappoint. I nudge Charlie, "oh yes! I am so excited to be a warrior," he obviously lied. He needs to learn how to hide his feelings better. Mom and Ricky didn't seem to notice though as they were too busy celebrating.