chapter 26

As much as Kendall wanted to stay home eating junk food and doing absolutely nothing with her life, she still walked into the entry way of Mickeys Diner.

She had promised Connie that she would be there for the teams 'victory shakes' and she was a girl who kept her promises... no matter how much she regretted making them.

It's not like she didn't love the team, she did, so much. But Kendall Conway was also just worn out.

"Kendall, hey!" Julie waved her over. She took the available spot by Connie at the only circular booth in the diner.

"Hey guys," Kendall smiled, looking around at the group. Everyone except Adam was there, which was unusual because Adam was always early. Kendall was the one that was always late.

"Ooh did someone finally decide to wake up," Charlie joked, making fun of her sleeping in until questionable hours.

Kendall sported a fake laugh, "eat shit."

"Hey guys, sorry i'm late," Adam interrupted standing at the edge of the table. The only available spot being next to Kendall.

He shifted awkwardly, eyeing the seat, but not wanting to be too greedy to grab it. So instead he just stood there.

Everyone looked at the pair as Kendall made the not so wanted executive decision, "have a seat." She spoke, scooting farther next to Connie.

"Thanks." Adam muttered, extremely happy to be taking the offered seat.

Kendall wore a tight-lipped smile as she realized all eyes were on her and Adam. She saw the awkward glances at this awkward situation.

It was the moment they all realized that they hadn't been in a hangout group setting since the two broke up.

"Okay, well we better order something before my mom kicks us out of here for disturbing the peace." Kendall laughed halfheartedly. She was making desperate attempts of trying to diffuse this tension.

A few wore small smiles, but all remained quiet. So she tried a bigger initiative.

"So, Adam. How did it feel beating those varsity snobs?" She turned her head to see the blonde boy smiling. Her heart beat faster. Shit.

He laughed a bit when he looked up at Kendall and then to the team, "it felt fucking amazing!"

Then, finally, the team started an uproar of celebration. And... Adams eyes quickly found its way back to the brown eyed girl next to him.

She had gotten him to be accepted back once again. He continued to smile as he looked down at his menu, he couldn't be too obvious as he was still very much in love with Kendall Conway.

"Holy shit!" Connie whispered, only loud enough for Kendall to hear. Kendall looked at her strangely as Connie eyes widened with a smile.

"Adam... could you move out of the booth for one moment?" Connie asked nicely, trying to contain her inner excitement.

"Uh, sure." He got up and stood at the foot of the table.

"Thank you!" She replied as she began to push Kendall out of the booth, her shortly behind. "Uh ok."

"Julie! Ladies room!" Connie ordered. Julie rolled her eyes, but followed suit and scooted out of the booth.

"Does anyone know what that was about?" Goldberg's eyebrows were scrunched in confusion.

"No idea." Charlie replied, sipping his shake.

"Maybe it's a girl thing," Ken shrugged.

Connie continued to push Kendall until they reached the bathroom.