𝟺𝟸: 𝙸 𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚄

i know you

DECEMBER

Kendall raced down center ice, the puck in her possession. She curved around a defender, taking her shot which landed swiftly into the left corner of the net.

She smiled in celebration as her team surrounded her in a hug before skating back to their positions.

A smile lifted on the blondes face as he watched from his view on the bench. He watched as she took the face off, the game starting back up. He watched her every move.

"So, are you going to tell her how you feel?" Charlie smirked, noticing how Adams eyes never left Kendall's figure.

His eyes widened, not realizing anyone had been paying attention to him. "Uh, i don't know."

The brunette rolled his eyes, "okay. Have you at least talked to her about anything? About how she feels maybe?"

"Nope." Adam spoke, his eyes remaining on the ice.

"Are you going to?" Charlie raised his eyebrows in question.

The blonde rubbed his hand around his face, not being able to look straight at the boy. "I don't think so. I feel as if it would be for the best to stay out of each others lives."

Charlie hummed, nodding his head, "hm. Is that how you really feel? Or just how you want to feel?"

"Charlie! Change it up!" Charlie smiled knowingly before hopping over the wall and skating hard, leaving Adam all alone with his thoughts.

He wanted to be in Kendall's life. But did she want to be in his. He was too afraid that she might reject him again, after everything he had done to her.

He didn't want to upset her, so the boy lived in fear. Could she have still loved him? Maybe. But it was almost better not knowing.

So, he settled on fear.

JUNE

"I've graduated bitches!" Lucas Ford yelled, running up to the Conway twins.

"And has a one way ticket to the University of Michigan! I couldn't be prouder!" Kendall smiled, hugging one of her best friends.

"Congratulations Ford," Charlie laughed, smiling behind the pair.

"Thanks Charlie." Lucas laughed, hanging loosely on Kendall.

"I'll meet you at the car, Kens."

"Okay," she acknowledged turning back to the happy blonde boy.

"Whew! I am so glad to be leaving this place."

"Take me with you?" The girl joked, wanting to be out of high school with him.

"Sure, i'll stuff you in my suitcase if that's okay?"

"Completely fine."

Their laughing ceased and the two began to become teary eyed. Lucas held her arms, smiling and letting a few tears loose. "I'm going to miss you so much, kens."

She a let a few of her own loose too, "i'm gonna miss you more."

He hugged her close, "not fucking possible."