Chapter 5

That first week of school felt like I was literally in the underworld. The prepsters had treated all of us like scum... except Adam.

Don't even get me started on that. He decided to join varsity instead of staying on JV. With me.

But, i get it. I do. It looks great on college applications and for scouts. I'm happy for him, i really am. As happy for him as i am, we all have selfish tendencies and I wish he stayed.

The varsity team had treated Adam like their little toy. They took him everywhere, said it was for the team connection or some crap like that. So, to say the least, i barely saw Adam during the school day.

I shut my locker with a sigh, finally relieved to go home for the weekend. My plan for tonight you may ask. I have a date with the karate kid and my bed.

"Kendall, wait up!" I stopped in the middle of the hallway, waiting for a certain brunette to catch up. 

She connected her arm with mine and continued to walk. "So. Tonight. Karaoke?" I groaned as I shook my head tiredly, "Connie. You know i hate karaoke. Plus i am in dire need of sleep."

"You can sleep when you're dead! Come on Kens, the whole team is going!" She complained while nudging me a bit.

I continued to shake my head. "Adam's going," she tried to reason.

I rolled my eyes, "well I hope he has fun. As for me; i'm going home, taking a nice bath, watching some karate kid, then going to sleep early. So, thanks for the invite but no thanks."

Connie grunted irritably and crossed her arms, "fine you grandma." I laughed as i threw my arm around her shoulder, "might as well call me Gert!"

*********

I got out of my warm bath and put on some shorts and a sweatshirt i stole from Charlie. I grabbed the box of Cheez-itz i kept beside my bed and began to munch away.

A knock sounded on my door, "come in!"

I was surprised to see Adam standing in my doorway with a smirk.

"Keep the door open!" i hear Charlie yell. I roll my eyes as Adam sat at the edge of my bed. 

"Why are you in your pajamas? Aren't you coming?" I shook my head, "sorry but no. I'm tired."

"Lame excuse," he jokes while moving closer. "But valid one," i reply, leaning even closer.

He kisses me softly and then jumps up. "You're coming," he says as he begins to rummage through my clothes. 

I roll my eyes. I walk over to the dresser and grab his hands, pulling him to meet my eyes. I flash a charming smile. I grab the collar of his shirt and pull him down to kiss me. I wrap my arms around his neck and begin to pull him away from my piles of clothes. Distraction at its finest.