chapter 18

Kendall woke up on Friday morning by incessant knocks on her door. She wanted to kill whoever was waking her. She was getting some much needed make up sleep.

She opened the door to see two not so smiley faces. "What are you guys doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Don't ask questions," Julie ordered following a bummed out Connie into the apartment. Noticing her best friends distressed face, she questioned, "what's wrong, Connie?"

"It's about Guy," she cried, sitting herself on the couch. Kendall quickly sat herself next to Connie, grabbing her and pulling her into a close hug. Connie cried into her shoulder as Julie sat on the other side of the hug, enveloping Connie on both sides.

Once her crying began to slow they scooted back to give her some space. Kendall held Connie's hands, "what happened, Cons?"

"We've just been fighting so much recently. It seems like all we do is bicker. One second we're okay, the next we're being sarcastic. Now he's not going to this Halloween party with me and i had the costumes planned and everything, and i am just so upset Kendall," she began to cry again.

"It's going to be okay Connie, it's going to be okay." Kendall tried to reassure.

"Man, men suck!" Julie exclaimed.

"Julie only speaks the truth," Kendall commented, causing Connie to laugh a bit, "They really do suck."

Luckily for Connie, Kendall had already made up her mind about going to the party the night before. She thought why the hell not. Now she had a good reason to go. Who knows this party might end up being fun.

"Hey, what do you say we go to Ford's party, we three can costume match, of course if that's okay with you too Julie." Kendall stated, Connie's face lighting up.

"That's fine by me!" Julie smiled.

"Really?" Connie exclaimed as Kendall and Julie nodded their heads to confirm. "You guys are the best," Connie smiled, hugging her best friends.

"Ooh! Can i pick out our costumes?" Connie questioned. Julie and Kendall shared frightened looks but overall wanted to make Connie happy.

"Sure!"

"Great, don't worry i'm going to make us look hot!" Kendall and Julie had no doubt in their minds that she would do just that.

                    <><><><><><><><><><><>

Kendall tried to get some schoolwork done while everyone was headed to their Friday afternoon game. Connie, Julie, and Kendall had spent their day doing some last minute costume shopping in various different stores, Connie was very picky to what she wanted.

Her studies were interrupted by a slam of a door. She gave a questioning look as she set down her books to go discover.

The subject found her before she could find it.

"Kendall, you won't believe what happened."

"What? Is everyone okay?" Kendall asked in a panic tone at her brothers distressed tone. Her questioned was followed by another knock at the door. She opened the door to find her teammates all standing there.

"We didn't know where else to go," Fulton spoke. Kendall began to really get nervous. She stepped aside letting everyone into their home.