𝟹𝟾: 𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺 𝚃𝙾 𝙷𝙴𝚁

back to her

Adam Banks laid on his bed, twisting a ring around his finger, tossing it from hand to hand. He threw it up to the ceiling, catching it as it fell back down. Over and over again.

He continued to do so, trying to daze out of reality. Trying to erase the previous days events from his mind.

Charlie had called him out on everything. About being rude. Being a coward. Being someone he didn't want to know.

Charlie had been very angry at him when he left his party to go who knows where. Adam was angry too, but not as much as Charlie had been.

Adam had tried to make the day special for him, but no matter how hard he tried, nothing he did was ever good enough for anyone. It was always back to Kendall.

Every damn thing he did always brought his thoughts back to Kendall. Nothing seemed to help. Especially not the small green & yellow ring he twisted through his fingers.

JULY 24th
THE BANKS HOME

"Come on, let's do something. Go in the pool, play some hockey, eat food?" Adam had motioned the to brunette boy in front him. The way he scrunched his nose to his eyes when he shook his head no, reminded the blonde so much of his sister. This all probably had to do with her anyway.

"Why don't you want to do anything?"

Charlie shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know. I just don't feel like it."

"It's because of Kendall isn't it?" Adam rolled his eyes as he asked. It always had something to do with Kendall.

Charlie stood to his feet, "so what if it's about Kendall? Is that a problem? Did you ever think that maybe... just maybe i wanted to spend my birthday with my twin?"

"So why aren't you with her?" The blonde questioned bluntly.

"Because she forced me to come here! She didn't want to give you another reason for you to hate her any further." Charlie looked around the room, remembering the crowd they had. He pulled Adam away, some where more private where he could give back something unwanted.

"You know since she's my twin, that kind of means that it's her birthday today too. Yet somehow, she was left uninvited." Charlie looked into the boys eyes for any remorse, yet his expressions were numb. "She invited you over there, Adam. And you created your own new party without her. Why would you stoop so low?"

Adam remained emotionless, a stone. If he had felt anything, you could tell nothing by the looks of him. It's how he stayed with most things Kendall.

Charlie scoured around his pocket, pulling the small ring out. If he didn't want to talk, that's fine. He would do his part then leave. What he wanted to do the moment he got there.

"Here. Kendall wanted me to give this back to you." Charlie motioned for his hand, placing the ring in his palm before reaching for the door.

Adam knew what is was immediately, feeling the small cold circle make an imprint in his hand.

"This is hers." Adam muttered, trying to hand it back. Charlie refused, "she didn't want it anymore. Wanted me to give it back to its rightful owner. She said she didn't want the bad luck from the broken promise."

"Broken promise? I never broke a promise." Adam placed his hand on the door, stopping the boy from leaving, suddenly having a lot of questions.

"Oh really? What do you call ignoring her for seven months when all she wanted to do was talk? What do you call being the only one on your team to not be invited to a birthday party on your birthday? Better yet the person throwing the party being someone you care about more than almost anything? I'm pretty fucking sure that would be enough to hurt anyone that badly." Charlie couldn't believe how stupid the boy could be.