Chapter 11

"Kendall... Kendall!" My neck is stiff as i am being lulled away from oh so precious sleep.

I hum in annoyance as someone continues to shake me awake. "Oh my gosh. Wake up you lazy ass!"

My eyes barely split open to find Charlie standing over me. His face is stern and i sit up in immediate panic.

"What? What's happening? Is mom okay? Connie? Hans? Adam?" I furiously rub the sleep out of eyes as i quickly stand from the couch.

"Chill out, they're all fine," Charlie grunted. "Then why in hell did you wake me up at 4:30 in the morning!"

As my eyes start adjusting my view, i notice that Charlie has grabbed both of our hockey gear.

"We need you."

"Who?"

"Me," he took a pause but quickly added, "and the team."

He handed me my hockey gear. "I'll explain everything on the way there but right now we don't even have a chance without you so please.. come." Charlie looked into my dead eyes but saw no avail to me budging.

"For me. Kens please?"

I let out a deep breath and brushed some hair from my face. "Alright! Okay. I'll go."

"Thank you, thank you!" He replied with a smile. A smile i hadn't seen in a while. He grabbed my hand and barely even stopped for me to grab my rollerblades. And although i had no idea what i was getting myself into, i had my Charlie back and that's all that mattered.

******

Charlie hadn't talked the whole skate to Eden Hall. Although he owed me an explanation as to why i was on my way to my high school at 4:30 in the morning his mouth had stayed shut.

Whatever it is, he was nervous. I can always tell. When Charlie becomes nervous or stressed, he becomes so tense it's as if he were to crumble at any second if he were to let go.

I began to change into my gear. The locker room being eerily silent even though it was full of my teammates.

I threw my Ducks jersey over my head and let out a huff of annoyance. Still no reaction.

"Alright, what the hell are we here for?" I asked throwing my hands up into the air. I at least deserve an explanation.

Finally i got there heads to turn.

"After the prank they pulled on us, we pulled one on them... by letting fire ants out on them while they were sleeping. So, basically now they want to kick our ass," Guy spoke up before anyone else did.

"Hmm. Nice." I answered, turning back and grabbing my helmet.

"What? No inspiring pregame speech?" Goldberg asked, sarcastically.

"It's too early," i muttered half-heartedly.

"Look Kendall, if you don't want to play you don't have to play," Connie said softly and in more of a whisper. She knows i would never want to be on the opposing team of Adam. But right now she has yet to find out about the fight we had last night which made being here for this reason all the more sweeter.

"No, no it's fine. They want the wrath of Kendall Conway, they'll get the wrath of Kendall Conway."

"Even Banks?" Fulton asked skeptically.

I grabbed my hockey stick and walked towards the door, "yes.. even Banks." I replied before slamming the door behind me.

********

Yep. We were getting our asses kicked for sure. We were barely able to get possession of the puck let alone able to score.

They weren't playing fair. They were making total foul moves left and right and since there was no ref, there was no one to call as they seem them.