chapter 30

A COUPLE DAYS EARLIER...

"Did you know that if you hold in a fart, it could leak out of your mouth?" Fulton Reed laughed before throwing a potato chip up in there air and catching it in his mouth.

"Mm. Interesting." Dean was dazed out of the conversation, his mind elsewhere.

"Dude, what's up with you?"

"What?" Dean questioned defensively.

Fulton rolled his eyes, "you're mind has been elsewhere for the past couple of weeks. You're like a zombie... and not the cool ones."

Dean remained silent as he threw a bouncy ball back and forth on the dresser in front of him.

"Yo, Portman?"

"I'm just thinking."

"About?" Fulton sat, waiting for an elaboration.

Dean threw the ball at the dresser a few more times before scrambling up to his feet.

"Alright. alright. But if i tell you, this information never leaves this room got it?" Fulton nodded his head as Dean began to pace the length of his room.

"Okay, okay." Dean muttered, working himself up into admitting the truth.

"Okay so i um... i have this huge crush on this girl and it's been driving me crazy because i've never felt this way about anyone before." Dean spoke quickly, Fulton having to pay very close attention just to hear what he was trying to say.

"Woah, slow down. Who is this girl? Do i know her?"

"Yeah, you know her." He continued to pace, hands on his hips.

"Well who is it?"

"It's uh... it's mm.. it's Kendall."

"What?" Fulton exclaimed, standing to his feet, "Kendall? As in our teammate and best friend Kendall Conway?"

"Uh huh. That would be the one."

"Oh hell dude! When did this start?"

"I honestly don't know. Just little by little it happened, i can't explain it. But now it's so big and it's driving me crazy because i want her so bad but i can't because she's Kendall! Do you see my predicament?" Dean now had his hands up to his head, still pacing the room.

"Shit man!"

"I know! I know!"

Fulton had his hands on his hips, thinking of how he could possibly help his friend. They both knew he couldn't go after Kendall, it wouldn't be right. She was in a vulnerable state and all Dean would do would be making it more complicated for her.

That's the last thing either of them wanted to do.

"Okay. We both know you can't start anything right now."

"Yeah, of course."

"I guess the only advice i could give you is wait until she's ready. It's gonna be hard but if you really want to date her, that's what you have to do. And you never know! Maybe your crush will fade away with time. That's what happened with me." Fulton shrugged his shoulders as he sat back down on his bed.

"Wait. Fulton? You had a crush on her?" Dean exclaimed, being shocked that he hadn't known this information sooner.

Fulton laughed it off, "yeah. I liked her when we were in peewees. It was more of a kid crush. She was the only girl that was ever nice to me and gave me the time of day. That's probably why i crushed on her. That and the fact that she's literally so beautiful."