𝟺𝟷: 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝙸𝙽 𝚁𝙴𝙳

girl in red

The girls sat in Kendall's room, pampering themselves for there homecoming night. Exactly one year ago Kendall had gone to the dance with Adam. This year they were both going with someone else. That thought hit her harder than she wanted it too.

Her year had been hell.

Speaking of hell, Stacy Collins sat on Kendall's bed, applying makeup while looking into her compact mirror.

Adam asked Charlie if would be okay if she got ready with the rest of the girls. What was he supposed to say? No? Kendall thought that would've probably been for the best.

"So, Kendall- i really hope you don't mind that i'm going with Adam. I know you two dated a bit ago." Stacy spoke, putting her mirror in her lap.

Connie nudged the girl to play nice as Julie bit her own lip. Kendall rolled her eyes before turning and smiling at the girl, "yeah, i don't mind at all. I'm happy for you guys."

"Really? I am so relieved." The girl exclaimed. Kendall knew she wasn't the problem but she really wanted to hate her. She knew there was no reason to.

-

"The boys are here!" Connie shouted excitedly, making sure her dress looked good. Meanwhile Kendall's nerves were picking up. She knew that just in the room over, the boys were there waiting. Adam was there waiting. But he was waiting for another girl.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked at her curled wavy hair to her make up which enhanced her beauty. It would be a shame for such good make up and beautiful dress to go to waste. After all this, she still just felt wrong. She felt not good enough. Stacy was beautiful.

Julie took notice as Kendall looked at her own reflection. She knew the thoughts that were running in the girls mind because they sometimes ran through hers too.

Julie hugged the girls arm, laying her chin on her shoulder, "you look absolutely beautiful kens. Utter perfection."

Her lips upturned in a small smile as she leaned into Julie. "This comes from the hotty hot hot behind me."

Julie smiled, pushing her away. Kendall took a deep breath before standing in line to follow the girls out. She already wished she could be back home in her bed.

Kendall was the last one out, her gaze going straight to Lucas. His smile was boastful, his face in awe.

Next to Charlie stood Adam. Adam smiled as he saw Stacy come out in a beautiful blue dress that matched her eyes. The attention on her lasted for about three seconds before the girl in red came out behind her. Kendall Conway.

His heart felt as if it was going ninety miles a minutes. The girl in red was absolutely stunning. Kendall walked up to Lucas, a pair of blue eyes trailing on her every move. She was absolutely captivating.

"Adam? What do you think?" Stacy asked the boy, bringing his eyes back to her. He smiled, shaking himself out of it, "you look beautiful."

"Wow, kens. Holy shit, ten out of ten." Lucas laughed towards his date. He too thought she looked absolutely stunning.

"Thank you. You look amazingly."

"Amazingly?" He questioned with a short laugh. She smiled up at him, nodding her head, "i know what i said."

She had tried so hard but her eyes faded over. Over to Adam Banks. He held the girls hands, looking down at her adoringly. She couldn't help but think that, that should've been her.