𝟺𝟼: 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙽𝙶𝙴

change

OCTOBER

The two had played on the ice together like nothing had ever happened with each other. Like they weren't ever enemies. Like they didn't ever love each other. Like they hadn't been each others first time. Like they were completely over each other and were nothing more than friends.

Although that statement was the truth for one of them, it hadn't been for the other.

Kendall Conway was done with the boys mixed signals and apologies. She was done. He had finally pissed her off enough.

She was starting over. Adam Banks was nothing more than a friend and teammate. Anything other than that was buried, more than six feet deep. It was time for her to move on to bigger things.

She skated around the defensive cones, faking it back to Adam. She continued to move forward, this time not faking the pass back. He shot, it sailing into the corner of the net.

The two were alone, practicing their written offensive plays from coach orion.

The girl removed her helmet, reaching down and grabbing her water bottle by the net. "I think our moves need to be sharper," she spoke breathlessly.

"I think so too." He replied waiting until he was standing in front of her to take of his helmet. She used to love when he'd do that. Now she could've cared less. He didn't blame her.

"Good. So maybe we could run it a few more times and call it a day?" She suggested, placing her water bottle back down.

He placed his helmet back over his head, "sure, whatever you say."

"Ooh, whatever i say huh?" She hummed, placing a finger on her chin. "Mm... shake your booty!" She snapped back to his smart remark.

"What?"

"You said whatever i say, soo shake the booty." He snorted turning back around, "you're annoying."

Kendall stood still, "i don't see any booty shaking happening."

A small smile played at his face as he knew she would do absolutely nothing until he shook his booty. So reluctantly he began to shake.

She laughed hysterically, "that was pathetic!"

He smiled, "whatever. Can we just run it again."

Her laughing ceased a smile remaining, "sure thing."

Like said, they ran the play a few more times before stopping. The over exhausted pair, picking up the stuff around the rink.

He found his eyes kept averting to her. Then to the equipment, then back to her. Each time he looked, a question popped into his head. One he wanted to ask, but he just had to find a way to ask without sounding rude.

"Uh. Kendall?"

"Yeah?" She questioned, continuing to put equipment away.

"Could i ask you a question? One of my friends asked me it and i don't quite know how to respond."

She stopped what she was doing, skating over to the boy. She leaned up against her hockey stick, "sure. Shoot your question."

He cleared his throat, "My friend... asked how to get over somebody he loved. And i was thinking if you gave me the example of how you fell out of love with me then i could tell him how." Smooth Adam. Smooth.

She laughed a bit, immediately knowing his friend was himself. Either way she would gladly help him out. "Well- i fell out of love with you Adam because you had changed. The boy i loved hadn't been the one i fell in love with. It took me a while to realize that but when i did, it was easier to do. You being on varsity had changed the boy i knew, the boy i loved. You were different.... you are different."