𝟺𝟶: 𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝚆𝙴 𝚆𝙰𝙸𝚃

now we wait

By the fourth week of school, Kendall Conway and Adam Banks had formed a routine. Everyday they had a class together, during these classes a small smile or head nod would be exchanged between the two but nothing more.

Then by practice later in the day, they would up there interaction to a simple "hello", and calling of the others name when having scrimmages on the ice.

They may have not been nearly as close as they were or even friends at all... but at least they were friendly with one another. No more cold shoulders.

"If you were to ask me, i still think Adam is being a prick." Connie spoke, laying back against the locker beside Kendall's.

"Well, i'm not asking you." Kendall laughed as she grabbed books from her locker. Connie rolled her eyes, "doesn't it bother you?"

"Doesn't what bother me?" She questioned, her full attention now being on the brunette.

Connie stood up straighter, holding onto her books tightly, "of how he's acting. You know, still distant as all hell? Even though you're not with Lucas anymore."

Kendall sighed, closing her locker, "of course it bothers me. I miss him like crazy! But it's a decision he made and i have to respect that. It's better to have him semi in my life then not at all. It doesn't matter how i feel about it."

Connie rolled her eyes once again, becoming agitated, "but kens, it does matter how you feel about it. And maybe he should know how you feel. Maybe things would change if he knew how you felt."

"No! No! No! For whatever reason he obviously doesn't want me close. If i told him how i felt it would just make it harder for him, i don't want to do that." Kendall shut down the thought quickly, her gaze being averted to the opposite side of the hallway. She watched as Adam Banks opened his locker, exchanging his books. She watched as he smiled as people patted him on the back to say hi. She watched as Stacy Collins approached him smiling, messing with him flirtatiously. His smile brightening.

Connie followed her eyes, leading her to one Adam Banks. Her stomach drop, she should've seen this sooner. "Oh my gosh. You're still in love with Adam."

Kendall ripped her eyes away from the boy quickly, facing back towards Connie, "shut up. I am not."

Connie laughed shortly, slowly nodding her head, "mhmm yeah sure. So you wouldn't care about knowing that he's going to homecoming with Stacy Collins, right?"

She did care. A lot.

"No, he can go with whoever he wants. We're not dating, Connie."

Stacy Collins was a bitch. She shook her head furiously, no, Stacy was a sweet girl. She didn't know why she thought that.

"Oh wow! If looks could kill!" Connie laughed as Kendall's stomach churned.

"Hey Connie. Kendall." Adam acknowledged as he walked by with Stacy. Bitch. Stop.

Kendall smiled at the two, Connie smiling brighter, "Adam. Stacy."

Once they had passed, Kendall groaned. "Gosh. I'm not going to homecoming."

Connie grabbed Kendall's shoulders, shaking them slightly, "yes you are. We just have to find you the perfect suitor."

Kendall lightly banged her head against the lockers, "maybe i'll just go with Lucas."

"With your ex? Big no no!"

"Why? We're still friends. Plus he said he would still take me if neither of us had dates."