chapter 13

I sat on the top of a building. A building that overlooked a beautiful part of Minneapolis. Especially during the fall. You could see all the trees begin to change color. Orange to yellow to red. It was absolutely beautiful.

It was where i used to go to think when i was younger. It was private and secluded. And quiet.

Just what i needed.

Most of the tears had dried cold on my cheeks. My eyes felt heavy, knowing for sure they were puffy. I took a couple of deep breaths trying to decompress from the day i had in hell.

I watched the sun begin to set, knowing i should head home. But, i didn't want to. I know once i got back everyone would be there and giving me their sincerest sympathies.

I didn't want to hear them. I didn't want to be reminded of Hans or Adam because i knew i would spiral out of control again.

So, i sat. Watching the sunset. In my safe place.

No one else knew about this place. No one except..

"Hey, i thought i would find you here."

Guy Germaine.

I glanced over to him, not saying a word.

He sat down next to me, hugging his legs.

"The sunset against the leaves is just so beautiful," he began looking out into the horizon.

We sat in silence. Staring at the sun against the clouds. The colors of pink, orange and purple surrounding and developing the sky.

"Do you remember, when we were kids and one of us had a tough day? So we would just meet here and watch the sunset and let the other cry into the others shoulder?" I muttered, quietly not making eye contact.

I felt his gaze find it's way to me. "Yeah, i remember," he replied quietly.

"Could we be kids again?" I asked finally meeting his glance. Tears filling the brim of my eyes.

"We never stopped being kids," he replied, throwing an arm around my shoulder and letting me sob into his.

"It's been a day from hell, Guy."

"I know, kens. I am here for as long as you need."

Connie was lucky. She had a guy that was truly in love with her. That would never cheat on her. But i thought the same thing with Adam.

"Germaine?"

"Conway?"

"If you ever cheat on Connie i will kill you myself. I don't care if we're best friends."

He let out a chuckle, "noted. And i could never do such a thing."

"I know. There needs to be more guys like Guy Germaine in the world."

He stayed silent but i knew their was a smile on his face.

"I don't want Connie to ever feel this type of pain."

"Well it won't be from me, Kens."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

A few minutes passed by before he spoke up once again.

"And i will kill Adam Banks myself. I don't care if i liked the guy."

I smiled this time. "But Guy, you're the one who has morals."

"Well they are thrown out the window for you."

My smile grew wider. "Will you really kill him?"

"Sure thing," he smiled down at me.

"Thank you."