chapter 24

"Portman!" The team shouted. Kendall's mouth hung wide open, she was not expecting this. The last time she had talked to the boy he was no where near wanting to come to the school.

After the boy announced his return, Kendall ran to him, hugging him instantly.

"Hey didn't see ya there Conway." Dean joked, hugging her back.

Dean Portman wore a bright smile on his face as he looked down at the girl. "So you're here to stay?" Kendall spoke, her arms falling to her sides.

"Yep! Can't get rid of me that easily." Portman replied, his arm hugging onto the girls side.

Kendall's smile turned to a more concerned expression, "good cause we're getting our asses handed to us."

"You? Kendall Conway? Getting your ass handed to you? Yeah, no, i don't think so." Dean spoke in a tone of disbelief.

"It's true! I'm getting worn out."

"Well not on my watch you ain't!" They walked to the end of the locker room. Dean looked over to Adam who wore an angered expression. A contained angered expression. At first glance you wouldn't know Adam was angry. But Dean could see it in the boys eyes.

Dean smiled slyly at the boy as he passed where he stood, Kendall in his arm. Adam stood like he was stone, burning holes into the boys face.

With Dean Portman now here, shit just got to a whole new level for Adam Banks.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The Ducks returned to the game with renewed spirits. With Dean Portman, their greatest enforcer, they might have a chance at winning this.

The ducks continued hard, keeping the "trash"cleared from the net. Dean had already threw Cole through the glass of the ice rink wall and Kendall remained smiling to herself. Thank the heavens that he finally ate shit.

Although they had their great enforcer, the varsity team was still being brutal.

Kendall took possession of the puck as she traveled down center ice. She was quickly stopped when she was slammed into the wall by one of the varsity players. She fell to the floor before clutching her shoulder in pain.

"Son of a bitch!" She shouted in pain. The whistle blew signaling a time out. The boy in front of her quickly took off his helmet, kneeling down to her level.

"Kendall! I am so sorry, oh hell. Im sorry." Lucas Ford. He panicked sticking his hands out to where she was hurt.

"Hey back away from her punk!" Dean came rushing over, pushing Lucas aside.

"It's fine Dean, he's my friend." She grunted from the pain as she began to stand to her feet.

Lucas continued to follow, "i'm so sorry, Kendall."

"I promise, it's fine Lucas. Im okay." She was escorted to the bench trying to reassure the boy.

"I owe you all the fries you want! I promise!" Kendall laughed as Lucas continued to shout promises. She knew he felt terrible.

"Im gonna have to bench ya Kendall." Coach Orion spoke as she sat on the bench.

"No! Im okay, I swear!"

"Kendall, you hurt your shoulder." Charlie reprimanded.

"Nothing i haven't experienced before! It just popped out of place. I just have to pop it back in and i'll be good to go!"

"Kendall."

"Nope, i'm playing." She stood to her feet, walking near the wall.

"Kendall don't-"  Adam began but it was too late.