𝟹: 𝚅𝙰𝚁𝚂𝙸𝚃𝚈

varsity

"I'll see you later Hans! I have some place to be!" I ran up and gave him a hug before sprinting to the door.

"Ah, yes! Have fun at your end of summer milkshakes and good luck on your first day of high school! Go Warriors!"

"Thanks Hans! And i'll always be a Duck, you know that," i gave one last smile and bolted out the door.

"Finally you're here! I've been waiting here for five minutes!" Adam exclaims at me from where he stood by the entrance of the diner.

"Oh heaven forbid, five minutes! I wouldn't want you to exhaust yourself!" i replied playfully, stopping to pull him in for a hug.

When i pulled away, i noticed something different about him. Then my eyes flicked up to his hair... his hair.

"Wow! Is that a new style i see?"

"You hate it don't you! I knew it was stupid!"

I pulled him in for a kiss before he could keep whining, "quite the opposite actually."

He smirked and put a hand over his heart, "oh thank goodness! For a minute there i thought you were gonna break up with me." He joked as i shoved him away.

"You're so overdramatic!" I swung the door open and walked over to take my spot next to Charlie. He gave me a bright smile even though i knew he was anxious for tomorrow. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze and looked around the table full of my friends.

Tomorrow would change everything for all of us.

♡♥︎♡

This school was gonna suck without Bombay, no doubt about it.

As much as mom tried to turn it to the bright side of things, me and charlie weren't having it.

"Watch it Mom you might get... hit." My mom placed a hand over her chest. Fulton had just fired his shot and scared my mom half to death. By now, me and charlie were used to it.

"You know what mom, you're right. As long as i have Kendall and my Ducks i'll be able to handle this new school." Charlie said as he hunched down to be eye level with my mom.

"That's my boy!" She said with one final wave and drove off, leaving us to now fend for ourselves.

I rolled my eyes and muttered under my breath, "suck up."

Charlie nudged me to the side causing me to fall to the ground. He ran quickly to Fulton, to hide behind him.

"Baby." I got up and dusted myself off and made my way over to the two.

"You know Fulton, have you ever thought about shooting back into the alley, instead of the street?"

"Honestly Kendall, not really," he said as he fired up to make another shot.

I copied Charlie's actions and sat down next to him on a barrel, taking off my shoes and pulling on my roller blades instead.

"I just found out Portman isn't coming. He's staying in Chicago, how uncool is that!"

"No you got to be kidding me," Charlie complained. I kept my head down, having known this for a while.

"He found out Bombay bailed and he bailed too. What good is one bash brother? I mean what am i now, Mr. Bash the Bashman!"

"Hey that's still pretty cool! Just check this out! Fulton Reed, the Bashman! Coming to theaters near you!" He rolled his eyes and winded up once again.