chapter 16

The next morning, Kendall was quite literally ripped from her bed. Feet first. She screamed as she slumped to the the floor. "Bombay?" She questioned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She thought her mind was playing tricks on her.

"Hey, kid." He muttered. "You're a heavy sleeper," He laughed. Kendall picked herself up from off the floor and sat back onto her bed.

"Yeah well i've been really tired recently," she spoke, brushing her hair from out of her face. There was a moment of silence, her former coach standing at the door and her sitting at the foot of her bed.

"What are you doing here coach?" She asked curiously, tilting her head a bit to the side. He stuffed his hands and his pockets and huffed out a sigh. "I came to get you and Charlie out of the slump you're in."

"Well excuse me but i have a good reason to be in a slump. I don't know if you know but Adam and I broke up." Kendall looked down at her fingers, twiddling with them.

"I heard."

Kendall laughed to herself, she could only assume as to who already kept coach in the loop, "let me guess. It was a little birdie named Connie."

He laughed as he shook his head no, "no actually."
She looked at him curiously, she wondered who else it could've been. "Then who?"

"The other half of my power duo." Her head dropped to look down at her lap.

"That doesn't exist anymore," she spoke softly. It was true, no Adam and no hockey. Her coach stayed silent, eventually gesturing to the end of her bed wondering if he could sit.

"He's always loved you, Kendall... since peewees. He has always looked at you the same. I don't think he knew what it was when you guys were younger but it was there." He paused, he had more to say but he hadn't known if he should say it.

"Please stop making excuses for him," she spoke sharply. Although she wished she could escape this situation, deep down she wanted to hear the rest. She needed to hear the rest.

She began to tear up. "I am done with him. I am done with Eden Hall. I am done with Adam Banks. And i am done with hockey."

Bombay was shocked by the girls words. He could understand Adam and Eden Hall, but never hockey. Never ever hockey.

"Not by any means am i excusing what he did. It was immature and i would've done the same thing if i was in your situation." He was treading carefully. Gordon Bombay didn't know how to deal with teenage girls, but he knew how to deal with Kendall Conway.

"Do you remember the first time i met you?" He questioned causing the girl to look up at him. "Yeah. It was at the lake. It was your first practice with us. You drove up in a limo," she laughed.

He laughed at his past snob self, "yeah i was a complete jerk. Didn't really care or want to notice anything. But, that was until i saw you. The boys were messing around on the ice, but you and connie seemed to be standing off to the side. Connie was talking your ear off but you weren't even paying attention. Your eyes were on the ice. Literal ice!" He paused to laugh.

"I saw the look in your eyes. You wanted nothing more than to be on that ice. I could i tell it was taking everything in you to not just burst from Connie. You loved the ice, and you looked at it that way." Kendall felt bittersweet. She wanted to go back but she couldn't. Days were so much simpler in peewees and she thought she had it hard then. Her hard times being the hawks, that was it.

Once Bombay saw her thinking, he continued, he knew he had her, "now, that look you had in your eyes when looking out on to the ice has always been the same to how Adam looks at you... with love."

"It was the same look he gave you in peewees. The same look through the Goodwill games. The same look when you got your scholarships to Eden Hall. And the same look that remained every time he looked at you just yesterday. It's always been there Kendall and probably always will be."

Kendall had a moment where she regretted breaking up with Adam. She could've let him explain. She could've done something else besides ending it with the only person who probably would ever look at her like that.

The moment quickly fleeted, anger burning through her eyes. If he truly loved her he would have never kissed another girl. And she should just take him back because of a look, she didn't think so.

"Thanks coach. You're right, i won't let this bother me any more." She smiled. "Of course, now you're welcome to with me and Charlie, it's up to you."

"I think i'll just rest today, just one final day. Thank you." Bombay smiled and left her room. He closed the door behind him, Kendall dropping her smile in an instant. She shoved her head into a pillow and screamed.

She believed that after this day, she would be feeling a whole lot better. She was through with the grief and wallowing process.

She had been through the two steps
1. denial
and
2. sadness

She was going to be okay. Or so she thought.

Unbeknownst to her that a third step was quickly approaching, a step she had plenty of...

3. Anger.

A/N~ sorry this is so ew. i am literally having so much trouble coming up with plots for this story so i am sorry it is taking me forever to post. but since i haven't posted in a while, here is a filler chapter while i try to come up with more interesting stuff. sorry it's so short! thank you for reading!
vote and comment if you want, mwah.