chapter 17

Dean Portman had only been gone for a day and Kendall wanted to bash her head against a wall. Dean had helped a lot with keeping her mind off of things, but now thoughts were circling inside of her head.

Today was her first day back at school. They had two random teacher workdays making Wednesday everyone's first day back since the weekend. Her mom gave her the option to stay home but Kendall knew she would have to face her school of hell.

After a lot of convincing by coach bombay to Charlie, lead him to wanting to stay and play hockey. Leaving Kendall stuck there too. Although Charlie did ask if it was okay for them to go back. Kendall wanted nothing more than for him to be happy.

Kendall twisted the combination to her locker opening it quickly and swiftly grabbing her books for the next two classes. The second class being biology, which she had with Adam.

"Kendall darling," Connie spoke in a posh accent, laying against the lockers beside Kendall's.

"Yes my dear?" Kendall replied poshly.

Connie shifted her body facing Kendall while she exchanged her books to and from her bag.

"Today is October 29th!"

"Yes, yes it is." Kendall replied, questioningly.

"Which means, Halloween is on Friday." Connie hinted.

"No, no. I am not going to a party!"

"How did you know what i was going to say?" Connie complained.

"Because i know you."

"Look! Lucas Ford is having a party at his house on Friday," Connie spoke sticking a flier in front of Kendall's face. "And he told me to extend the invitation to you... he wants you there."

Kendall rolled her eyes, "i haven't talked to Lucas in forever after it made Adam uncomfortable. Why would he invite me now?"

"Maybe because he likes you!"

"Connie you think everyone likes me. A bird craps on my head and you would say well why would it choose your head to crap on!" Kendall retorted.

"Hey, i'm just saying... you and Adam are not together anymore, there is no reason for you not to see him or at least be friends with him. So please, let's go to this party?" Connie pleaded. Although Connie did have a point, Kendall wasn't sure if she was up for a party.

"I'll think about it." Kendall finally replied, closing her locker.

"That's all i ask."

                      <><><><><><><><><><>

Kendall took her spot beside Charlie's desk in 2nd period biology. Her nerves were set on fire knowing that this was the period she had with both Adam and Camila. She didn't want to see either.

Charlie gave a reassuring pat on his sisters back knowing this class was going to be tough on her, he could practically feel her anxiety.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear.. or she." Kendall muttered as Camila took the other spot beside her, this was going to be fun.

"Hey Kendall, how've you been?" Camila questioned sarcastically before laughing.

"Pretty good, yourself?" She tried to ignore her instigations.

"Very good! You know since i've been with my new boyfriend. You may know him, his name is Adam Banks?" Kendall's anger was rising quickly at Camila's response. Boyfriend? She was bullshitting, she had to be bullshitting.