Chapter 8

"Don't you have work soon?" Ricky asked as he sat down next to me and snatched the remote out of my hands

"Don't you have a life?" I returned, taking the remote back from his hands. "Okay, what is wrong with you?" He asked, taking the remote back once more and turning off the tv completely.

I sighed as i hugged my legs to my chest, "what's the point of anything anymore," i started, unsure of what to say. He tilted his head a bit to show that he was listening. The last person i would ever want to spill my life troubles to would be Ricky, but he was the only one who wanted to listen.

"My life is a mess. My school sucks. My coach isn't a walk in the park. My relationship stinks. And on top of it all, I lost my best friend!" My eyes began to tear up as i admitted to my sad reality.

"You lost Connie?" He asked unbelievingly. "No, Charlie!" I sobbed into my legs.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, trying his best to soothe me. "I'm not great at the advice, but i have a feeling it will all work itself out, especially Charlie. And maybe you should go see Hans, he always helps you feel better. He's magical or something," he mutters the last part causing a chuckle to escape from me.

I wiped my tears and stood to my feet, "thank you ricky. And you're probably right. I should get to work."

I went to walk to the door but before i could, he grabbed my hand stopping me. "Hey, everything is gonna be alright." With one last smile, i pulled myself together and made my way out the door.

***********

After i came in looking distressed, Hans immediately closed down the shop to let me rant. So i did. I let everything that was bothering me out. And he sat there silently, as always, letting me go on and on about all my problems.

Now, i was ready for that magical Hans advice that i dearly needed. "Why haven't you come to me sooner? That's a lot to just hold all in miss kendall." I shrugged, "i just didn't feel like it would be important to anyone."

"I'm always here, Kendall. Always. Now, i've had a few visits from recently new hot headed brother and he misses you very much. All you have to do is grant him the time he wants and i am sure he'll find his way back soon. After all you are Charlie and Kendall. And as for Adam. You have to trust him and i bet this Camila girl is nothing compared to you through his eyes. But, if you are in a relationship where you're not happy, as hard as it may be, you might have to end it." I nodded my head in understanding. His advice always does wonders. I was gonna give Charlie his time and when he is ready i'll be here, i'll always be here. And i cared for Adam too much to let him go, all relationships have struggles right? We'll just have to work through it.

I mutter a small thank you as i give Hans a thankful hug. I don't know what i would do without him.

"Always Miss Kendall. Now you owe me some skate sharpening!"

"Yes, sir!" I said saluting him, but soon began to smile as i made my way over to the skates.

**********

I savored the bites of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich that i ate pretty much everyday of my life as Guy was talking to me about some old show that he is obsessed with. I nodded like i was listening but my focus was really on my food.

"But then Johnny-"

"Check out the new jackets," Ken joked, pulling me from my thoughts and stopping Guy from talking. I turned to where the table had shifted their attention to, to see the varsity team strutting over like they own the joint. I internally groaned as i looked away from the sight.

"Hey, congrats on the Blake game," Riley started, standing over Charlie and Dwayne at the head of the table. I rolled my eyes, they may be trying to be sincere but i don't believe it for one second.

"Yeah, right. We tied," Charlie answered pessimistically.

"Hey, a point's a point. We're all warriors now. You guys proved your guts." I finally looked up to meet Adam's eyes already staring down at me. He looked at me regretfully, but lustfully. Like he missed me. I bit the inside of my cheek and looked down, not being able to look at him any longer.

"You all set for dinner on Friday?" Riley continued which made me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Dinner?" Russ questioned, matching my confusion. "Well it's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity got to treat the freshman to dinner. So, round up your posse and meet us at 6 at the Minnesota club downtown. Anybody need a ride we can take you. I mean, you guys do like steak and seafood, right?"

"Yeah, we do." Charlie answered as the others nodded their heads in agreement. I kept my eyes on my lunch bag, still skeptical.

"Look, i don't like you pukes, alright? But, this is a tradition. At Eden Hall, i learned to care about tradition," Butthead said before nodding to Adam to follow.

He's their puppet.

"It's cool!" Adam ensured, causing me to finally look up at him once again. He followed the snobs right after that but not before touching my arm as he passed. He obviously wanted me to follow, but unlike him, i can't be controlled.

"It's cool."

"Well if Banks says it's cool."

"I guess, we'll go."

"Am i the only who notices how weird this is? Like come on! It's a bunch of bull crap!" I spoke up. How could they all be so blinded.

"If Banks says it's fine then i'm sure we'll be good. And by the looks of it, he's waiting for you." Charlie muttered nodding his head in the direction of the door.

"Whatever," i reply, looking back down at my lunch.

"Ooh, trouble in paradise?" Averman jokes. I roll my eyes as i get up from the table, "nope! everything is perfectly fine!" I continue, storming over to Adam and grabbing his hand on the way out of the cafeteria.

I don't stop until we're in a broom closet, away from the prying eyes of gossipers. And then and only then is when i blow up, "you jerk! How could you choose your team over me after i've been nothing but supportive! Especially when i needed you in a hard time in my life! Like how i showed up to your game and you didn't even-" He cupped my face and smashed our lips together, quieting me in an instant.

His hands moved down to my waist as he backed me up against the wall of the closet. His lips worked from my neck up to my jaw and eventually back to my lips once more. We haven't been together like this in who knows how long, but the way he missed it is evident in his passionate kisses.

He finally backed away, catching his breath. His arms reached out to me, wrapping around me as he pulled me closer to his chest. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself," he muttered, holding me.

"And i did notice you. I just didn't know you stayed the whole game. How could i not notice you when you're... well you."

I let him hold me as i closed my eyes and leaned my head against his chest, "i missed you."

"I love you," he whispered into my ear. My eyes shot open as the bell rang and we exited the closet quickly.

Saved by the bell.

A/N- Thanks for reading! Much love to you all!

Q: Who's your favorite character in my book?

A: Idk... i love Hans. :)