2.

Comment + Vote 🤍
Not proofread so excuse any mistakes..
Omniscient

Maniya stood impatiently at the airport, waiting for her mom and dad to land. She really didn't want them to come all the way to LA but she needed to get home.

Her phone rang in her hand making her slide to answer,

"Hello?" Maniya spoke into the phone.

"Girl where are you?" Taylor shouted down the line. Taylor and Maniya became very good friends and ended up going to the same college. They were both always on the same vibe length and Taylor understood that sometimes Maniya needed her space.

"At the airport," Maniya sighed. Taylor made a noise and then calmed down.

"I forgot, you're gonna tell them today right?" Taylor questioned.

"Hopefully, I just know my mom's gonna flip out," Maniya fretted.

"Niya, you're 21 - they're not gonna say anything," Taylor encouraged her friend. "Your mama treats you like a baby and you let her,"

"Tay you don't get it." Maniya responded. "My mom is very ..." Maniya trailed off trying to find the right words.

"I do get it Ni. You let her baby you because it makes her feel better but what about you?" Taylor said truthfully. She was witness to Naala's overprotectiveness over Maniya and it was definitely a problem.

"I gotta go Taylor," Maniya said rushing her off the phone. She needed her mind to be clear when she saw her mom and dad.

Not long after they cut the phone, she saw Saint running out of the airport with Naala chasing him.

"I was running to Sissy," He said out of breath, hiding behind Maniya.

"You're still such a bad ass," Maniya giggled leaning down to hug him.

"Nai you ain't happy to see me?" Maniya teased Sinai who was itching to hug her big sister. When Maniya wasn't home, Sinai was stuck with the two babies.

"I missed you so much," Sinai cheesed hugging Maniya. "Please come home,"

"Girl at this point I don't have a choice," Maniya whispered back to Sinai. Sinai pulled away from the hug and looked at her weirdly.

"Hey mommy," Maniya smiled hugging Naala tightly. Naala teared up as she held onto Maniya.

"My angel cakes, how are you?" Naala sniffed pulling away.

"Move," Dave said pushing everyone out of the way to hug Maniya. He was holding Malia so Maniya reached straight for her.

"Phattt," She dragged out kissing her face. "Did you miss me?"

Malia shyly nodded her head with a slight smile. She put her head in Maniya's neck and whispered.

"Missed you," Malia said softly making Maniya's heart burst.

"Damn so it's just fuck me huh?" Dave grumbled making  Naala smack his arm.

"Then you wonder why he's always cursing," Naala fussed.