8.

Comment + Vote 🤍
Omniscient

Dave turned the engine off looking to the side. Naala was fast asleep in the passenger seat with a blanket up to her neck. This baby was on her ass so she slept the entire way home.

Their trip to Vegas was nice, perfect one might say. It gave them a chance to talk out their problems, love one another and also learn to be a couple again. It's funny how much can change in 5 days. However, they had to come home.

Naala was anxious to get home to her babies, her anxiety was through the roof. Her hallucinations and bad dreams were back but she managed to hide them from Dave. There was something that was bothering her but she couldn't seem to shake it.

Dave softly kissed her cheek multiple times, in order to wake her up from her slumber. Naala stirred and moved her head, "We're not having sex," She grumbled half asleep. Dave laughed,

"We're home Love," He spoke helping her sit up. Naala opened her eyes and adjusted to the brightness,

"Damn I missed the whole drive?" She questioned. Dave had carried her off the jet into the car without her even realising.

"Yeah, you're really tired huh?" Dave spoke taking his seatbelt off. "You're getting old," He teased. He knew it was the baby that was making her sleepy.

"Funny," Naala fake laughed that ended with a yawn. "I miss my bed," She huffed.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about actually," Dave said turning the radio down. They were sat outside Maniya's apartment complex, so he thought now was the best time to get her alone. "I bought us a new place,"

"Why?" Naala said softly. She loved her home, she brought it with her own money so it was a massive achievement to her.

"We need change baby. Every time we give us a go, we're stuck in the past. But I want a fresh start this time, this would be our forever home," Dave explained.

Naala nodded, he had a point but that was a decision they should have made together.

"I get it but you've already bought it," Naala responded. "What if I don't like it?"

"Then we won't keep it," Dave shrugged. Naala leaned back and crossed her arms.

"Where is it?" She asked him. Dave tugged at his beard.

"Right by your mom's," He admitted. That made Naala feel better, with a new baby she was gonna need all the help she could get.

"Those houses are expensive," Naala retorted. She always wondered how her mother afforded such a home, the cheapest house on that street was 20 million dollars.

"It was nothing, I wanted us to take the kids to see if after we tell them about you know," He pointed at her stomach.

"How'd you think they're gonna react?" Naala fretted. They had never really spoken to the kids about having another baby.

"Saint will be fine it's Phat I'm worried about," Dave admitted. Naala nodded and bit her lip, turning to face the window. They didn't worry about Sinai or Maniya as they were the two oldest and were used to younger siblings.

"Maybe it's better if we do it here, with Maniya too," Naala suggested. Dave took her hand and squeezed, immediately relaxing her.

"We a team Naala, relax," He spoke before kissing her hand.

"Promise me this time is going to be different," Naala said looking him in the eye. "I won't do this again Amir, this is our last chance,"

"This is the last time Naala. I messed up before, I took you for granted and I didn't recognise what a beautiful and wonderful wife I had. I learnt the hard way because you left me but I'm not gonna let that happen again," Dave spoke. He had actually changed, but all he had to do was prove to Naala that he had.