32.

Trigger Warning ⛔️

Omniscient

Dave rounded the corner and saw Naala standing in the far edge of the woods, talking to a man in a hood.

"Naala," He called out. When Artist heard her name, he quickly turned away and made a run for it.

Naala huffed and turned back to Dave, "Why would you do that!" She shouted.

"Who was that?" Dave asked as he got closer,

"He told me he knows where Samar is," Naala said in excitement. "Look, this is the address," She showed the note he gave to her.

"Baby you've been taking your meds?" Dave said lowly, taking the note from her.

"You saw him too though," Naala frowned. "He's telling the truth,"

"Naala Samar isn't anywhere, he's dead," He tried to break it down for her.

"I believe him," Naala huffed. "If you won't help me then I tell Hassan instead,"

"What did he tell you?" Dave sighed, taking her hand.

"That Samar isn't dead and I believe him," Naala repeated. "This address is where he said we should meet him,"

Dave breathed out, with how Naala was at this point, she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"I don't think this is safe baby," Dave said seriously,

"Amir do you like when I'm unhappy?" Naala sighed turning to face him. "Do you like when I feel empty?"

"No I hate it," Dave answered. "But I don't want this giving you false hope," He was scared that this would only push her over the edge more.

"It's the only good thing I have to go by right now," Naala sniffed. "Please? For me?"

"Love you know I'll do anything for you," Dave replied wiping her eyes. "I'll go with you, don't worry," He added hugging her.

"Thank you," Naala whispered. "For everything,"

It was strange but Naala did feel like Dave was a changed man. She felt safe with him, something she hadn't felt around him for years.

"I'm gonna sort this out baby, I promise," Dave mumbled kissing her face.

A part of him wanted to tell her that it was very unlikely Samar was still alive but he couldn't break her heart anymore than it already was.

"Get up," Malia tapped Naala out of her sleep. "I'm hungry mommy," She added pulling Naala's hand.

Naala opened her eyes and sighed, she was dreaming again. That night they went to the address Artist gave but there was nothing.

"Where's your daddy?" She stretched,

"I'm here, Phat I told you not to wake her up," Dave huffed, "I've got it Naala," He spoke when he saw her getting out of bed.

"It's fine," Naala said softly, "What do you want to eat Bug?" She asked Malia.

"Pancakes," Malia smiled holding her mom's hand. She had missed always being with Naala.

"Can mommy get ready first?" Naala questioned, Malia nodded and ran back out of the room.

"You don't have to do it," Dave said when Naala moved past him.

"Why not? I can't be sad forever Amir." Naala muttered picking up her toothbrush. She started to brush her teeth while Dave stood with his arms wrapped around her waist protectively.