21.

This was meant to come out yesterday but I forgot - my bad 🤍

Omniscient
6 months later...

Naala walked confidently down the halls, her heels sounding through the hallway making everyone she passed, stop and acknowledge her.

"Welcome back Princess," Someone said opening the meeting room door for her.

"The princess is back," Naleli smirked rising from her seat.

"I am," Naala smiled walking to her seat right across from Naleli. "Mom, Eli," She greeted them, taking her seat.

"I trust you're better now," Eli said, he was asking if she was mentally stable but in less words.

"I'm perfect," Naala nodded. "Now, you still haven't found him?"

"He's hiding well," Miani spoke up, "I think it's good you're back, you can lure him out,"

"I was thinking that too," Naleli agreed. "He seems to be obsessed with you,"

"You look exactly like me, why didn't you lure him out?" Naala questioned her twin sister.

"He'll know it's not you," Naleli shrugged. Naala crinkled her nose and tapped her nails against the table.

"What about the Parkers? Any news?" She asked looking up,

"Disappeared of the face of the earth," Eli said, his voice booming through the room. "That's why I'm stepping your security up again, both of you,"

"I don't need that, it makes my daughter nervous," Naala replied, Malia hated the security.

"Yes you do. If anything you need more," Naleli responded. "Mom what do you think?"

"You know what I think. I want you girls to leave New York, I can't lose you,"

"Miani be quiet. They can't run away from their responsibilities," Eli shouted. "We're laying low for the moment. Naala no travelling, Naleli stay put,"

"I wasn't going to travel," Naala answered. Which was a lie, she wanted to get out of New York badly.

They wrapped up their meeting and Naala and Naleli were walking side by side to their cars.

"You look well," Naleli complimented, "I hope you are,"

"I am. Hassan has really been amazing, I feel refreshed," Naala confessed. "These 6 months have been good,"

"I can tell. You genuinely look happy. How about the kids?" Naleli questioned.

"Amir has been letting me see them more often," Unbeknownst to Naala, Hassan had a conversation with Dave and now she got to see them more.

"Good." Naleli nodded. "I wanted to ask you a question,"

"Mmm," Naala replied turning to her.

"How did you know you were in love?" Naleli said quietly. Naala's smile widened across her face.

"You're in love!" Naala squealed loudly, making Naleli smack her shoulder.

"Not so loud," She said hinting to Tarek that was walking ahead of them. "How did you know?"

"Well I thought I was in love with Amir, but he's not a good example," Naala started. "I knew I loved Hassan when he made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. When my heart beats faster when I'm near him, or when he touches me. Love is meant to be effortless not stressful," Naala preached to her sister.

"Does Hassan know you feel this way about him?" Naleli raised a brow, this was the first she was hearing of this.

"No he doesn't, but I do and that's all that matters. Tell Tarek how you feel, he probably feels the same way," Naala replied.