40.

A very hard chapter to write 🥺

Omniscient

⚠️Trigger Warning - Scenes of Self Harm⚠️

"Boo!" Naleli said jolting Naala out of her sleep. "Get up big head," A big smile stretched across Naala's face as she took in Naleli's.

She laid there smiling until Naleli's face started to fade, leaving her in the empty bed.

"Princess," Ruby said tapping Naala's foot again. "You said I should wake you at 8," She added stepping back.

"I did," Naala nodded with a sigh, slowly lifting herself up. "Can you pick me out something to wear, something comfortable," Naala asked the maid.

"My pleasure, I've already started the shower for you," Ruby smiled sympathetically. Naala thanked her and got up, arranging her silk headscarf.

She was currently staying with Miani and she brought Ruby along to assist her throughout the day. The kids were home with Dave which was expected after the previous week.

Naala showered quickly and came out, putting her clothes on. Ruby went with a simple all black outfit with her Chanel boots.

Taking her purse, Naala left the room and headed down the stairs for breakfast. She spotted her mom sat staring into space by the window.

"Has she eaten anything?" Naala asked Ruby, who shook her head.

"Miss Miani told me no," Ruby answered quietly. Naala huffed and turned to her mom.

"Mommy?" Naala muttered walking towards her. Miani couldn't bare to look at Naala because when she did, she saw Naleli staring back at her.

"My angel," Miani whispered softly holding her hand for Naala.

"Mama you have to eat something," Naala said rubbing her hand. "Let me make it for you," She suggested.

"Will it bring Leli back if I eat one sausage and a lousy egg," Miani replied looking out of the window.

"No it won't ma but I can't lose you too," Naala said, her eyes burning with tears.

"You don't even care. This whole time you've not shed a tear for your sister," Miani spat carelessly.

Naala stiffened up and looked away, tears wouldn't solve their problems.

"I have to go now," Naala sighed standing up. "Make sure she eats something please?" She directed to Ruby.

"Will do Princess," Ruby nodded.

"Mama I'll be back later." Naala told her mom, touching her shoulder.

"I don't care," Miani called out making Naala shake her head. She knew it was the grief talking, not her mom.

Naala's new driver opened the door for her, letting her slide into the back.

"Your husband would like to speak to you," Craig the driver passed Naala his phone.

"Hey bae," Naala said quietly into the phone,

"You good? I haven't spoken to you in two days baby," Dave said in response.

"I know I'm sorry," Naala sighed. "It's good you called, can you meet me at Dr Reece's office?"

"Yeah what's wrong?" Dave questioned her,

"Just meet me there, did Hassan pick up Samar?" Naala muttered looking out of the window.

"He got him last night," Dave informed her. "I'm about to leave now," he added.

"I'll see you there," Naala answered before they hung up. "Thank you Craig," She thanked the driver and handed him back his phone.