34.

It may seem like things are moving fast but I'm trying to move the story along, I'm getting bored x

David Amir Brewster
Brooklyn, New York

"Baby we're here," I put my hand on Naala's thigh. She flinched at my touch so I moved my hand quickly. "I'm sorry, but you gotta get up now,"

"That was quick," Naala yawned sitting up. She looked out of the window and then pouted at me.

"We have to make sure he didn't -" I trailed off because I didn't know how to even put it into words.

"Make sure he didn't give me anything?" Naala said taking her seatbelt off. "You got me out of bed for this?" She asked me.

"Love I want you to be okay, this is the first step," I spoke lowly.

I could see the pain in her eyes and that fucked with me. All Naala has ever known is pain and I don't want that for her anymore.

"I already feel low and nasty," Naala mumbled putting her head in her hands. "Now you want me to go in there and let them ask me all different kind of things,"

"I'm gonna be right there with La," I replied. Naala stayed quiet for a while till she lifted her head up.

"Ok whatever," Naala shrugged. "Hurry so I can back to bed," She opened her own door and got out. I followed behind her, catching up to her before she went through the door.

"You can hold my hand Amir," Naala said holding her hand out.

"I wanna make sure you're comfortable," I responded taking her hand.

"Are you going to hurt me?" Naala questioned looking up at me.

"Nah never again," I said quickly. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. Naala was genuinely the love of my life, why would I want to hurt her again.

"Then I trust you," Naala said leaning into me. When we got to the front desk, I did all the talking.

"Naala Brewster?" One of the nurses called out after about 10 minutes of me and Naala waiting.

"You're not slick," Naala tutted standing up with me. I took her hand and we walked to the back.

"Just take a seat up here," The nurse told Naala. I helped her up and sat down next to her on a chair.

The doctor entered the room and started the testing.

"Okay so now we wait," The doctor smiled at us. "You're a beautiful couple if I might add,"

"Thank you," Naala said politely. Her cheeks were all red so I guess she was blushing.

"She's shy," I chuckled nudging Naala,

"I was surprised to see your age, you look very young," The doctor spoke to her,

"Told you I look young," Naala smiled at me. They carried on talking till a nurse brought in a clipboard.

"Right so all tests came back negative except one." The doctor started. I raised a brow and sat forward, "Did you know you were pregnant?"