47.

Omniscient

"Amir stop it!" Naala screamed as Dave continued to hit the masked man with the butt of the gun. "Just get him out of here," She said to him.

"Mommy?" Sinai said standing at the door, clutching Malia's hands.

"Girls, go to my room, lock the door," Naala said closing the door on them.

The man managed to get the gun out of Dave's hand causing it to slide across the floor to Naala.

She rushed to pick it up from the floor and checked to see if it was loaded.

"Bitch ass nigga," Dave sniffed punching him in the face before pulling the mask off.

"Tarek," Naala mumbled confusedly. Dave stood back and grabbed the gun from Naala.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Dave cursed flexing his hand which was sore.

"I came to get my children," Tarek slurred drunkly. Naala sighed and closed her eyes, she knew that he assumed the babies were his.

"What is he talking about?" Dave turned to Naala,

"Tell him Naala," Tarek stumbled towards her.

"He's drunk Amir, he's just talking," Naala said putting her hand on Dave's arm. "Can you just get him out of here?"

"Naala I ain't gonna ask again," Dave said calmly, he was two seconds from blowing up on her.

"We fucked and the next second she's pregnant," Tarek spilled.

"That is not what happened," Naala snapped. "I was already pregnant, they're not yours Tarek, I told you that."

"You fucked him while you were pregnant?" Dave questioned his eyes on the wire he say hanging out of his jacket.

Naala followed his eyes and realised what was going on. She was about to ask Dave if he was okay because he knew she slept with Tarek, they had discussed it almost 7 months ago.

"It was a mistake," Naala defended quickly following Dave's lead. "I was upset, and he was there,"

"I know everything Naala, you know your sister was a pillow talker," Tarek started. "She let me in on all y'all little secrets,"

"What are you even talking about?" Naala frowned.

"Where you keep your money, where you keep the drugs, everything," Tarek spat.

Naala raised a brow, there was no reason for him to be talking about that.

"You seriously fucked him?" Dave repeated holding the gun up slightly.

"Amir please," Naala said trying to gauge what he was about to do.

"And I'll do it again," Tarek smirked drunkly.

"Do it," Naala mouthed to Dave, gesturing to the gun.

Tarek chuckled and tried to reach to pick up one of the twins, when Dave took the gun off safety and shot him.

The sound of the gunshot, sounding through the entire house.

"Why would you do that?!" Naala screamed dropping to the floor beside Tarek. Still keeping up the façade.

"Everytime I think you can't raise the bar Naala, you do it," Dave shook his head at her.

"You knew I slept with him," Naala said with her hand over the gunshot wound. "I told you about it and you said we'll work through it," She spoke truthfully.