28.

A nice long chapter for my babies 🤍
I've given y'all two good chapters so now I'm back on my bullshit 😛

Omniscient
Almost 2 years ago ...

"Love you gotta eat something," Dave said from outside the door.

"Can you bring my baby back?" Naala sobbed from the other side of the door.

"No baby I can't do that," Dave sighed leaning against the door.

"Then leave me alone," Naala cried in response to him.

"Let me in baby," He said making her go quiet. "I just want to check on you,"

Naala had been locked in their bedroom since they lost the baby, that was her way of grieving their child. Of course, Dave didn't understand this.

When he heard the door unlocking, he jumped up. Naala stood there, barely in any clothes. Her face was sunken, and full with tears. Her hair was in a messy bun at the top of her head, looking lifeless.

"Are you gonna let me inside?" Dave said lowly, Naala sniffed and moved to the side so he could enter the room.

She got back into the bed and crawled under the comforter, "Don't touch me," Naala ordered as she felt the bed dip.

"You can't keep ignoring my Naala," Dave mumbled, "I know you're hurting —"

"You don't know anything," Naala cut him off, her voice hoarse from all the crying. "You don't know what I'm feeling right now, I can't breathe Amir. I can't go a second without thinking about it,"

Dave listened to her, his words seems void at this point. There was nothing he could do to stop his wife feeling the pain she was.

"It's like someone has ripped a part of me out, I'm not whole anymore," Naala said, her voice beginning to get shaky.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what more I can do," Dave said putting his hand on her back, over the comforter.

"You keep saying sorry but what does that mean?" Naala cried softly, "Sorry isn't going to bring our baby back,"

"I don't know what else to do or say to you," Dave shrugged, "It isn't just you that's hurting Naala, you ever stopped to think how the fuck this affecting me?"

"You're so selfish, it was my baby too. I didn't kill the baby, it wasn't my fault. Stop taking that shit out on me," Dave started shouting making her cry harder. His mood switching completely.

"You don't know how it feels," Naala cried, "You're not even trying to listen to me,"

"Because I'm tired of the same bullshit all the time. We lost Ameer, only you get to grieve, now this baby, all you do is cry and isolate me," Dave ranted,

"Don't you dare say his name," Naala sniffed sitting up on the bed. "You weren't there Amir, I went through that on my own."

"I lost him on my own," Naala cried again.

"That was your choice!" Dave shouted back,

"Can you get out please?" Naala muttered, "I'm not feeling good, I just lost our baby literally 24 hours ago and all I want is for you not to shout at me right now,"

"Here we go," Dave sighed standing to his feet, "It's only ever about you,"

"Get out," Naala repeated, "You're being mean now,"

"Tell the truth, you lost the baby on purpose. You didn't even want another kid," Dave was manipulating her, like he usually did. He was making her think she was the problem.