𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒. 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫

Monday, the aromatic smell of newly brewed coffee lingered freely in the air, oh wait that was my imagination

"I hope I can see the gift of you that spreads inside me" - my everything, nct u

Walking up to the coffee machine, I quickly work on making a coffee to energise my lethargic soul.

I felt like a rag doll, my flimsy body shook tremendously at the cold temperature.
There was a light rain today, how convenient.

Soon after, i dragged my unwilling self to school, yawning from time to time on the way. I plucked on my earpiece, hoping it can at least lift my mood.

Humming to a pop song, I entered the dreaded place, plastering my poker-face once again.
I regained my composure and walked swiftly off, ignoring all the stares I was given.

"Oh, maybe it isn't such a bad day after all" I said with a smile.

Oh no, I was hell wrong. The next thing I knew, I opened my locker and hundreds of heart shaped origamis flew out of my locker.

"What I-" my eyes perked wide open, mouth agape.
My mind went blank- what was going on?

An endless stream of love letters flowed out afterwards. At the very top of my locker, I spotted an unfamiliar handwriting.

'Looking cute today, hope to see you soon sweetheart'

Instead of fangirlling, screaming out with happiness, i furrowed my brows and cringed inadvertently.

Why would someone do such a silly thing, thinking it will be romantic?

That someone made a big mess and as if it was the main point, a scene in front of countless curious eyes.

Whispers began to commence, everyone analysed me from top to bottom, as if judging me for a fashion show.

I gulped heavily. Seeing all the faces staring at my directions, all I could think about was being stuck in a social phobia situation.

I quickly rushed out of the suffocating environment, not even bothering to close my locker and get my books out.

My breathing halted, negative thoughts attacked my mind. Wells of tears unknowingly dripped down.

All I wanted to do was to run away from such a situation. It was horrible, a living nightmare.

To make matters worse, two girls stepped angrily in front of me, fake eyelashes flickering up and down.
From what I see, the supposed leader stepped up and gave my face a tight slap.

But I wasn't a pathetic moron to stand there helplessly. In spite of the current situation I was unluckily placed into, my reflexes were still working as usual.

I immediately swung her hand away, and instead returned a successful slap back on her face.

The gasps intensified.

I was irritated by all the drama that she had brought into my life.

Of course, I was aware of her silly plans of making me trip in the canteen, class and in the public. The countless times I saw her stalking me in the classroom, trying to figure out a plan to get me in trouble.

The smirk she always wears on her makeup powdered face sends shivers down my spine.

I ignored all her acts, continuing on with my life, until today. She took it too far, over the line.

Scoffing loudly, I glared into her soul and gritted my teeth.

"Don't you think you're taking it too far, stop trying to stick yourself in others' business and mind your own"

A look of utter shock plastered clear on her face, and a few seconds later, whining was heard.

Saying It didn't make me feel better was a lie. I felt proud of finally stepping up for myself. I took a last glance back and entered the classroom.

Before the first period even started, I saw an annoyingly familiar face leading a teacher to my desk.

Looking firmly at me, the teacher asked me for the reason I slapped her.

"It was self-defence, she attacked me first, the crowd outside are witnesses"
I replied, perking my brows up, curious to know how the 2year old brained Teenager would react.

I laughed internally, as she begged the teacher not to check and continued rambling on, saying I was a liar and making more rude comments about me.

The drama ended there. The teacher just simply told her she would look into it and left.

It was hilarious seeing the girl of unwanted goodness, grumpily stormed out of class.

The incident played repeatedly in my head, who would do such a thing.

It couldn't be that foolish play boy- could it?
Chaewon was lying wasn't she.

I grabbed a bunch of my hair and squeezed my eyes, head hurting from the overthinking.

Little did I know someone was there all along, smiling at me with that mischievous grin which captured the hearts of all the girls in the school, except for the one he was currently staring at.

The trouble he had created for her was actually a start of something new.