𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎. 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

Jaemin

Jaemin

The boy heard a distant groan of agony.
Though it was a mere sound from afar, Jaemin heard it as if it was projected into his ears.

Goosebumps started dancing all over his body. His head spun around, mind a whirling mess.

"JINRIN!" Jaemin heard one of his friends called out, followed by loud thudding of footsteps, like a herd of elephants stomping.

"Jaemin! Let's go, come on! Why are you standing here? You should be beating her darn ass up right now!" Haechan groaned in frustration, clearly annoyed at the indifferent Jaemin and his usual antics.

"Never mind about that first, we need to go to JinRin! " Haechan yelled out incessantly at the nonchalant boy who seemingly did not look like he was affected by anything of this at all.

"Yo Jaemin are you sane?"

"You're girl is hurt and your still standing here?"
Haechan eyed him weirdly whilst the older boy pulled Jaemin alongside him, shoving him towards the crowd of his friends— who had now formed around the bleeding girl.

Only if they knew what was going on in Jaemin's mind. No it wasn't that exaggerated meme of the dog dancing and rocking to hip hop.

His brain was literally on fire. His worst mental breakdown yet.

The abjectly experience he once had was currently mirroring against him. The anxiety he has been trying to hide from his closest friends seemed to be betraying him as he felt the raw feeling of it creepily crawling up his body.

"I—"

The boy finally lost his cool as he took a better look at the girl in front of him, breathing quickened as his eyes darted across her pale skin and dry lips.

Her eyes were partly closed and her hands were clutched painfully where the knife stabbed her.

Jaemin dropped down on both his knees, and dramatically grabbed both of JinRin's hands, shaking them gently whilst chanting prayers in his mind.

"You Pabo yah... why did you do that?" The boy whispered in her ears.

His knees were now stained with her blood. The girl who sacrificed her life.

The girl who he love.

JinRin sniffled a painful smile as she gently patted Jaemin on his lap, before returning to her peaceful slumber, or otherwise to put it plainly, she fainted unconscious.