𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕. 𝐃é𝐣à 𝐯𝐮

Tuesday, a purple palette painted across the night sky

"I will hold back even if the tears are welling up
I put it in a secret music box in the corner of my heart " - lilac, iu

Pure terror is the perfect word to describe how Jaemin felt towards the 'stranger' he met.

His eyes fumed in the matter of seconds and his once calmed composure was gone, long replaced by his poker, cold face, the mask he had always tried to put on.

"JinRin is this the person you want me to meet"
He looked at the girl standing in front of him, tone mixed with confusion and disgust.

Taking a step back, Jaemin frowned and looked at his 'teacher'.

"I didn't invite her to my tuition class"

Ji Geon bit her lips and nervously rapped out,
"Look Jaemin, I have something to tell you... I hope you can stay for a while and give me the chance to speak" Ji Geon said desperately, eyes pleading but dead serious.

"You're rambling"

"And also, we have nothing to discuss about here.." Jaemin trailed off, grabbing his books, preparing to make his way out. A form of escapism.

"Jaemin please... just listen" Ji Geon voice cracked with emotions as she reached her hand out, trying to grab on to Jaemin's.

But he swept it away, appalled by her actions and his face without a hint of regret.
With no emotion. Just emptiness.

Changing perspectives, Ji Geon was the total opposite

Silence followed as neither dared to speak. Ji Geon was tongue-tied, too afraid to continue speaking, the past drowning her down, all the efforts she made to practice her speech were useless.

The feeling of being wronged by her closest friends, came right back at her once she was face to face with the person she had longed to speak to.

Jaemin on the other hand was too lost to speak. He had came prepared for math quizzes and not to face Ji Geon.

"Jaemin, I know this is hard to believe but trust me, she is telling anything but the truth" JinRin said whilst looking at the two.

"Work things out alright" JinRin gave a small smile and decided to leave to give the two some privacy.

Just then, the boys finally made their dramatic entrance, running hurriedly into the café.
The main reason for this— what if Ji Geon and Jaemin get into another fight?

"Oh no are we too late..." Jisung voice cracked, eyes wide with panic as he looked to the calm boy beside him.

"Why in the world are you so calm Chenle?"

"Because I know Ji Geon wouldn't fight back and plus, don't you trust JinRin?" Chenle retorted, dragging the confused boy.

"Just follow along" Chenle comforted.