𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏. 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤

"I don't know anymore, my heart , will it change like that weather?"- After like, I've

- After like, I've

Friday, sickening calmness, troubled feelings

Buildings passed by them with the blink of their eyes, the city lights were like water colour paints splashing their vision blur.

The pathway was being more convoluted as they made random turns around corners, avoiding lampposts and passer-bys who could only stare in awe.

They were like hopeless characters in a video game, under the control of the player, except the only
action they could do now is to run for their lives.

The more they ran, the more lost they got, obviously.
Swerving round and round curbs as if the road was a malleable piece of iron metal.

"Are we there yet?" Jisung yelled curmudgeonly yet without halting his run.

"Till we lose track of them" Jeno heaved out breathlessly as he lead the group. His felt as if he was stepping on air, his head with a tinge of lightness.

"It feels like my brain is having merry go round
right now" Renjun groaned out, mind filled with disapprobation with this supposed 'plan b'

"Like you even have a brain" Haechan grumbled out jokingly.

"GUYS PLEASE THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO FIGHT" Jeno intervened as he cussed out in disbelief, phone gripped firmly in his hands, hoping for a phone call from heaven.

"We are literally chased by gunmans right now"

"This is a movie right" JinRin quipped as she ran beside Jeno.

This was their lot in life for the eight teenagers.
They have to find their way out of this one way or another.

"Have we lost them yet?"

Turning around to look behind them, they saw five guards sprinting towards them at full speed, avoiding all the obstacles in their path.

"Barely"

"We're doomed"

The two exchanged a look. Being the last of the group, the closest to the gunmans and somehow the scaredy cats of the group, Mark and Ji Geon were petrified.

Internally praying that god is on their side today, so that their Nike airs won't disobey their legs and trip and fall.

Their lives are in the hands of their shoes-?

"MARK JUST KNOW, YOU'RE A GOOD PERSON THOUGH YOUR JOKES MAKE NO SENSE TO ME" Ji Geon spluttered out a chain of words which Mark could only catch half of them.

"HUH?"

"OH MY GOD FORGET IT WE'RE REALLY GONNA DIE"

Their rather short exchange went incognisant to the rest of their friends as another problem arises, as if their lives weren't hard enough in the first place.