𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒. 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝

Stay safe~~

Monday, Cumulus clouds falling down; cool breeze blowing

"Even if I chase everyone's hope
I become smaller like the clothes that don't fit me"
- beautiful, nct

JinRin

"Right Chaewon.." I uttered, clearing the nervousness in my throat

"Yes bestie"

"I'm busy today, something came up..."

"WHAT.. no way you are telling me your missing out on karaoke night"

"Sorry Won" I pursed my lips guiltily

"That's a first.. I wonder what is so important that you would ditch your best friend like that"

"Come on Won, just once"

"But what is it? Tell meee"

Faking a smile, I laughed it off, pushing the blame to some serious issues in my village.

"Glad is not a secret! Remember the oath" Chaewon eyed me suspiciously but ended up cracking up.

I giggled along, the guilt seemingly stood firm in my heart.

This mission or something better be worth it.

And just like that, I made my way not to a village but a café.

——————————

The soft buzz of the music, the cold air conditioning, the unfamiliar sensation.

An untouched green tea macchiato sat boringly in front of my eyes.

Ji Geon sat directly diagonal to me, fumbling with her fingers, unlike her behaviour in the past.

"So Ji Geon, what's your plan" I started, cutting off the tension

"I'm not sure..." the disturbed girl sighed, shaking her head in the process

"Sewon gave me a day to make my decision"

"On?"

This intrigued me. Something is definitely up.

"Either I go back and 'serve her' or.."

The girl gulped, breathing halted

"Or what?"

"She will murder my parents and destroy my life"

"..."

"But what is the point of controlling you?"

"I don't know... to get her revenge?"

"It has already been a year, doesn't she have something better to do?"

"Well, she is not in a coma but she still has to stay in her bed most of the time"

"That explains.."

Ji Geon look at me confused

"What do you mean?"

"It's nothing... but I do have questions"

I looked at her intently

"Ask away"

"Sewon is just a teen like us, that means all her power is from her mother.."

"Sewon's mother does not know about all of this drama at all.."

"But does her mother know about the actual incident?"

"I'm sure her mother had seen the real footage before.."

"Wait.. do you mean only Sewon and her mother got hold of the footage?"

"I think so.. that's why Jaemin and the rest went against me.."

"And why Sewon's mother didn't blame or sue you-"

"Where is the footage now?" my eyes suddenly sparked

"Sewon was the first to got hold of it, neither of us got the chance to see it.. so I didn't have the chance to prove my innocence" Ji Geon muttered out painfully

"Does Sewon know that it was not your fault?"

"She does.. but nevertheless, she said she doesn't care and it was my fault her and Jaemin couldn't become a couple"

"But can't she still be his couple?"

"No.."

"She has to act as if she's still in a coma.. in order to carry out her evil plan"

"Which is?"

I pursed my lips tightly

Sighing yet again, she continued,

"To get back with Jaemin and ruin my life"

"As part of her revenge on me.."

"This way, she can get Jaemin's pity and he will hate me even more, plus you know the whole 'me as a badass girl' shit"

I smiled weakly as Ji Geon started to open up,

"Why didn't you bother telling the guys the truth? I'm almost certain they will help you out"

"I know, but what better choice do I have? None of the boys will believe me, not to mention, Chaewon too"

I sighed

"Then we have to prove it to them"

"How?"

"By exposing Sewon"

——————————

The bell of the café jingled, disrupting the two girl's deep conversation and the once serene atmosphere.

Everything was the same, people chattered animatedly, with subtle sound of the sipping of coffee.

However, JinRin felt uncomfortable, as if there was a presence behind her and to prove her point, a tall shadow loomed over her and Ji Geon.

"JinRin? What are you doing here... with her?" a familiar voice sounded.

The voice echoed in both girl's minds.

And both of them had the same thought of, "oh shit"

The two girls turned to the voice immediately, and let's just say, luck wasn't on their side that day.