𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓. 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡

Monday, sun was sinking towards the horizon

"Even if the whole world changes
I'm still the same" - you never know, Blackpink

A look of utter disgust painted across his face.

The boy took small steps towards the two girls, eyeing them suspiciously.

"JinRin.. I thought you knew better than to be involved with her"

"Wait Jisung- we can explain"
JinRin reached to grab the boy's wrist but he shook it off.

The boy only returned a disappointed look as he walked past the two stunned faces.

JinRin's eyes trailed his every step, wondering why he was doing here in the first place.

The dragging of the metal chair could be heard, resonating throughout the café.

An embarrassed Jisung slightly bowed towards the baristas as he swiftly looked away and sat down.

In just a matter of seconds, the whole world will know the truth.

JinRin cluelessly craned her neck to spot the mysterious person Jisung was meeting.

And god behold- you guessed it, unpleasantly familiar faces appeared.

Reality really stood upon the other side of the room.

Ji Geon's face instantly turned into a shade of white, mouth drying up as if it she was in the desert.

With the obvious desperation in her voice, the girl muttered, " you-u guys were here the whole time"

Their plan has inevitably been foiled even before it started progressing.

Face palming herself both physically and mentally, JinRin really screwed up big time.

Meeting at the nearest café just down the street of the school.. a big mistake.

The boys gave an awkward chuckle to break the silence.

" did you hear everything"

"You did didn't you" Ji Geon grumbled, sighing right after.

"We might have eavesdrop just a tiny bit" Haechan smirked, bumping Mark who was beside him to back him up.

"Uh yea uh, honestly we only got the parts where Ji Geon was actually being threatened by Sewon and that she was innocent the entire time"

"Mark that's literally the summary of the entire conversation" Chenle mumbled at the older boy.

"Right.. " Mark chuckled nervously, looking away from Chenle's glare

"Needless to say, you're lucky Jaemin isn't tailing us today" Haechan glanced at the two girls

"There's no point in hiding anymore, so how do we break the news to him" JinRin furrowed her eyebrows.

"And also.. why aren't you guys shocked "

"Well, the entire truth was believable and plus, we've known Ji Geon for a longer time than you did"

"Uh guys sorry to interrupt but what exactly happened?" Jisung awkwardly tilted his head and scratched his nape.

"Thanks for ruining our spy mission Jisung" Chenle sarcastically said.

"Hey! It wasn't my fault.. my science teacher released us fifteen minutes late"

Chenle then continued to drag the pouty boy to another seat and began explaining the story.

"Now that the two kids are gone, we have serious matters to clear up here"

"And to discuss how to mend everything up"
JinRin added on to Haechan's words.

"Then let the sharing begin- I uh mean continue"
Mark awkwardly exclaimed.

——————————

"How do you think Jaemin would react" JinRin asked curiously.

"Like an impending bomb, the news would be the trigger"

"Way to go metaphoric Renjun"

"Shut up blinding sun, you make everyone blind from your ugliest"

"Renjun!" Haechan tugged the side of Renjun's arms as he continued to whine.

"Go away!"

"I guess things are kinda back to normal.." JinRin said with a subtle smile, watching as the pair continued to tease one another.

"So Mark, why didn't Jaemin come with you guys?

"Hmm he said he needed a breather and to make up his mind on some stuff"

"And also why are you so curious?" Mark chuckled with a glint of light in his eyes.

Clearing her throat JinRin quickly responded with " he looks a little off lately"

"So you've been paying attention to him huh" Haechan smirked

"I don't know what you guys are talking about"

"Also, do note that his ex is right beside me"

"Nah I don't mind.. I've moved on and definitely am happy for him if he finds the perfect girl"

A mix of laughter and chuckles soon followed
The growing warmth of hospitality spread amongst the group of friends as they chatted animatedly, catching up with each other's lives.

JinRin finally felt the roots of her hair loosen and her headache fading away.

Ji Geon on the other hand, finally smiled truthfully after a long time. A smile that was raw, real and heartfelt.

That day, many relationships were mended, but the worst has yet to come.