𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕. 𝐔𝐬

"No longer on my own"

Friday, the clouds darkened

In the bright dawn of a typical Friday morning, the nine friends sat around a wound wooden table, pondering on their life choices.

The fresh brewing of the coffee, the jiggles of the café bell and the bustling streets only managed to merely wake them up.

"Tell me was it worth waking up at six in the morning" Renjun and Haechan groaned out in unison, grumpily sipping up their latte.

"I swear I'll hit the living daylights out of you" Jeno gave the two whining boys his down turn crescent moon eyes.

"Ignore the two sleepyheads, let's discuss the plan."
Jaemin started on a serious note, head turning towards JinRin for any input.

The group of nine teenagers were in the café next of the school, discussing their plans for the long day ahead.

The message was sent out at midnight yesterday so obviously some of them did not read it in time.
Uh hm mainly Haechan and Renjun.

"Tell me the 76 spam calls were worth it" Haechan glared at Jaemin and Jeno who only shrugged it off mischievously.

"30 for me" Renjun teased the guy beside him.

"I- this is friend abuse" Haechan pouted at the unfair treatment.

"Hey it isn't my fault your such a heavy sleeper"

"Okay enough of that, what's the plan" Jaemin started, looking towards JinRin's direction, only to be met with a somewhat hyperventilating girl.

"Rin, what- what's going on" Jaemin immediately got off his seat which was literally next to her and squatted down in front of her, to get her attention.

Despite the cute nickname. It was the wrong timing for all of this.

"Chaewon sent me a voice recording just now... it isn't good news"

The group looked at one another worriedly.

"Was that why she isn't here today?" Mark asked suspiciously.

"No, she's sick, still recovering from the trauma that day..." Haechan replied sorrowfully.

The recording played at the full volume, with JinRin crying the second time.

"Drink up your coffee, we gotta leave now" Jaemin nervously told everyone.

And that's how they ended up running to Sewon's place with no plan at all whatsoever.

"I feel so unprepared for this" Jisung muttered to Chenle who was seated next to him in Jaemin's large van which fitted everyone

"Little one, do not fear. Justice will always be served"

"But that only happens in movies!" Jisung retorted.

"I swear your giving the second headache of the day" Chenle said irritably.

"Jisung, we'll be fine, don't worry about it too much okay? Or do you feel more comfortable not coming with us-" Mark asked the younger, hoping it'll help calm his nerves.

"I'll go..."

"Okay my gut already tells me hell is arriving" Haechan sighed, glancing over to JinRin who stared blankly into space.

"JinRin, don't worry too much about Chaewon... she'll be fine" and that was Haechan's first ever attempt to comfort someone.

"I'm sure she much have a valid reason to be lured into the trap as well... just like me" Ji Geon told the girl next to her.

"I'm making everyone around me suffer... it feels like hell. I feel so bad... my friends are suffering cause of me and my family is a mess" JinRin cried out, unable to suppress the hit of information from Chaewon.

"What if recording was a trap? What if Sewon made her send that" Jeno mumbled out whilst driving towards the much dreaded place.

"We'll still never know unless we go there ourselves" Jaemin sighed.

Ji Geon placed her hand on JinRin's in hopes of calming her down.

"JinRin, we're here for you. You saved me from the miserable life I once lived and I even managed to make amends with Jaemin. I could also finally feel happy now, thanks to you"

"You sacrificed a lot... even though you weren't involved in the whole mess at all" Jaemin added on.

"Hell you sacrificed your life"

"And don't forget. We're all friends, we're all a family. And we will never leave each other behind"

"We can do this guys" Mark encouraged though feeling a little uncertain himself.

"Once we get through all this, I'll treat all of you for lunch." Jaemin grinned, cheering up everyone but the girl.

"Guys... we're here" Jeno gulped down whilst braking the van in front of a large skyscraper

"Great this looks exactly like a movie scene" Jisung mumbled to himself.

"So no plan still?" Jeno muttered nervously.

"We'll just see how things go, but be extra careful"

"But how are we gonna get through the security guards..." Chenle asked whilst peeking through the small curtains in the van.

"I guess I came a little prepared" Jaemin chuckled.

Everyone stared at him as though he was an alien in disguise.

"Oh come on! Stop giving me that look" The boy rolled his eyes pulled out an excess card.

"I asked my mother to help me, okay more like begged her to, this morning"

"How did you manage to even get nine of them..." Haechan inquired, intrigued with the news.

"Jeno's help of course, we replicated and created the other eight"

"The cover up story is that I'll be having a meeting in place of my mother, since she owns a small company in this building, I guess... fortunately"

"But we are entering dressed like this" Haechan cringed and looked down at his outfit, a very very casual wear that he wears that home everyday.

"It's your fault you didn't heed my advice to wear something presentable and professional"

"Okay enough of explanation, let's put it into action"

"Everyone sure and ready, cause there's no turning back from here" Jaemin warned whilst passing everyone their excess cards.

Everyone nodded their heads, including JinRin, who finally saw a little hole in them successfully getting her mother out.

"It's action time baby"